It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I am working with RQM, I want to import excel 2 RQM

Badrinath Venu (1132) | asked Nov 14 '11, 12:47 a.m.
Hi,

I am currently working in RQM, I dont have any experience in working with RQM before so i want some ones help to really lift me in this situation. I have some theoretical knowledge but i know that doesn't going to help me. I have downloaded RQM Excel Import utility from the jazz sever. even i can see RQM add-in in MS Excel 2007 with 2 menus. All in all i want to know how to achieve that. Do anyone have the screen or documents regarding that please share with me by mailing to venubadrinaath@gmail.com. I will also get benefited by your sincere help.

Regards,
Badrinath.

6 answers

permanent link
anoop mc (74811194221) | answered Nov 14 '11, 3:40 a.m.
Hi,

I am currently working in RQM, I dont have any experience in working with RQM before so i want some ones help to really lift me in this situation. I have some theoretical knowledge but i know that doesn't going to help me. I have downloaded RQM Excel Import utility from the jazz sever. even i can see RQM add-in in MS Excel 2007 with 2 menus. All in all i want to know how to achieve that. Do anyone have the screen or documents regarding that please share with me by mailing to venubadrinaath@gmail.com. I will also get benefited by your sincere help.

Regards,
Badrinath.

Hi Badrinath,

Good to hear that you are exploring RQM. Most of us have started in the same way. First I would suggest you to refer this article on Jazz.net which is the best I have seen.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#Supported_Resources.

Regards
Anoop

permanent link
anoop mc (74811194221) | answered Nov 14 '11, 3:52 a.m.
Hi,

Regards,
Badrinath.

Hi Badrinath,

Good to hear that you are exploring RQM. Most of us have started in the same way. First I would suggest you to refer this article on Jazz.net which is the best I have seen.

Regards
Anoop

If you have installed RQMExcelImporter please browse to the below path and go through the sample excel and config file.

C:\Program Files\IBM\RQMExcelImporter\Samples

This will help you to import an excel file containing test cases, test plans into RQM. (using the Export to Repository Option)

Export to File option I haven`t tried yet.

permanent link
Badrinath Venu (1132) | answered Nov 15 '11, 4:36 a.m.
Hi,

Regards,
Badrinath.

Hi Badrinath,

Regards
Anoop

If you have installed RQMExcelImporter please browse to the below path and go through the sample excel and config file.

This will help you to import an excel file containing test cases, test plans into RQM. (using the Export to Repository Option)

Hi Anoop,

First of all i want to thank you for replying mail. I gone through that i can understand but still i am not able to convert that into real time. Sorry to ask you this do you have any screen shorts that you have worked can refer me that, will be really helpful for me or do you have any documents that has step by step procedure.

Regards
Badrinath

permanent link
anoop mc (74811194221) | answered Nov 17 '11, 1:05 a.m.
Hi,

Regards,
Badrinath.

Hi Badrinath,

Regards
Anoop

Hi Anoop,

First of all i want to thank you for replying mail. I gone through that i can understand but still i am not able to convert that into real time. Sorry to ask you this do you have any screen shorts that you have worked can refer me that, will be really helpful for me or do you have any documents that has step by step procedure.

Regards
Badrinath

Hi Badrinath,

Since I dont see an option to upload the document I can send you the screen shot of what I have to ur gmail id.

One thing which I noticed during my import is - you wont get the same columns replicated exactly as you see in excel. To view that you may try to import a sample excel and see how it works.

Regards
Anoop

permanent link
Badrinath Venu (1132) | answered Nov 17 '11, 6:00 a.m.
Hi,

Regards,
Badrinath.

Hi Badrinath,

Regards
Anoop

Hi Anoop,

Regards
Badrinath

Hi Badrinath,

Since I dont see an option to upload the document I can send you the screen shot of what I have to ur gmail id.

One thing which I noticed during my import is - you wont get the same columns replicated exactly as you see in excel. To view that you may try to import a sample excel and see how it works.

Regards
Anoop

Hi Anoop,

Thanks dude! when can i expect the screen shorts of that. I will do the same as you mentioned in the last mail to explore with the sample excel with testcase.

thanks
Badrinath.

permanent link
anoop mc (74811194221) | answered Nov 17 '11, 7:14 a.m.
Hi,

Regards,
Badrinath.

Hi Badrinath,

Regards
Anoop

Hi Anoop,

Regards
Badrinath

Hi Badrinath,

Regards
Anoop

Hi Anoop,

Thanks dude! when can i expect the screen shorts of that. I will do the same as you mentioned in the last mail to explore with the sample excel with testcase.

thanks
Badrinath.

Hi Badrinath,

I have send you a doc to your gmail id with some snapshots of using the tool.

Even I have got some issues and you could find my post above.

Regards
Anoop

Comments
anoop mc commented Nov 29 '12, 8:52 a.m.

Hi,

I have forwarded to your email address.

Moe over you may find lot of excel import sample files over here - C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\RQMExcelImporter\Samples once you install excelrqm importer utility from Jazz.net .. Let us know if you have any issues with that

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.