It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLA and API Test Automation Adapter for RQM

Leesen Padayachee (9956119) | asked Apr 01 '15, 5:48 a.m.

Hi

With regards to using the Command Line Adapter or a custom Automation Adapter (by editing the API), from my understanding the most we can do with RQM is just invoke these automation scripts and simply display the test result (for eg. pass, fail etc.) within RQM and attach a log from the test target machine where the adapter is running? Am I correct in saying this? Or can more be done via the API, for eg. Maybe pulling the test target machines test scripts into RQM? Maybe displaying their test in a text format?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Apr 01 '15, 6:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Leesen,

Automation Adapter is responsible for querying any automation work allocated, initiating the Automation tool, and updating status and messages during execution. Upon completion of the execution, it should convert automation tool-specific log into the Automation Result and upload it back to Rational Quality Manager.

Known limitations with the API.
  1. Keyword automation is not supported. You can not automate a keyword using custom adapter script. See 73023: Support Automated Keyword using new Test Automation API
  2. Importing script in bulk is not supported. See 71902: As a user I can Import external scripts using custom Test Automation adapter. As an alternative, you can upload test scripts using Reportable REST API]

Comments
Leesen Padayachee commented Apr 01 '15, 5:21 p.m.

Hi Reshma, thank you for the reply. When you say "Upon completion of the execution, it should convert automation tool-specific log into the Automation Result and upload it back to Rational Quality Manager", do you mean a result as in the exit code for eg. 0= pass, *= fail etc.? And logs attached to the result in RQM or is there some other results that can be captured in RQM? I'm just trying to understand if main functionality of the adapter is to just run a remote script and capture a single result (for eg exit code = 0 for pass) and have a log attached to the result in RQM or can more be done via the API of RQM? 

Reshma Ratnani commented Apr 02 '15, 3:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can customize script editor and Execution Result editor page using custom Adapter. Refer https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMAdapterAPI for more details

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.