It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Modifying attribute and its content with javascript

Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | asked Nov 11 '11, 5:22 a.m.
edited Mar 21 '13, 11:39 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Hi,

I'd like to have one of my attribute of a workitem to get its content from a data source(could be a text file).

This text file will have some changes. People will add the value they would like to see in the combo attribute to this text file and my script will parse this text to get the value.

Is it possible?

I can return a single line text from a javascript but not a list to a generic combo.

I also checked https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization#ScriptBasedNotes but couldn't find what I am looking for.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 21 '13, 11:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Canberk, you can now use the HTTP Filtered Value Provider See https://jazz.net/library/article/1093 lab 4.
The File needs to be published with a HTTP Server. The file format should be XML.
Canberk Akduygu selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered Mar 22 '13, 3:23 a.m.
Hello Ralph,

I have been using this functionality since the day it came out. It's a great feature as far as I can tell.

Hope to see this feature has more functionality like DB Link so we can extract data from a DB without having a web services to publish.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 22 '13, 3:36 a.m. | edited Mar 22 '13, 3:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Canberk,
I mainly answered the questions to hint people that search the forum to the solution.
With respect to other data sources, my assumption would be, that there is just not a clear general requirement for other data sources. It could be any data source. So I assume the answer here would be to create a web application for your data source that the HTTP Filtered Value provider can access. Another option would be to wrap your data source in a custom value provider as described here in the Wiki Entry.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.