It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to make RTC thick client view plans instead of web UI?

Greg Jones (611) | asked Nov 10 '11, 5:34 p.m.
Hello,

In RTC 3, I created a plan for the first time. RTC asked me if I wanted to open all plans in the web client from now on. I selected yes but I can not find anywhere to undo this option. Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,
Greg

2 answers

permanent link
Greg Jones (611) | answered Nov 10 '11, 5:47 p.m.
Hello,

I answered my own question. Finally did the right file content search. If anyone else runs into this, modify:
<workspace>\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings\com.ibm.team.apt.ide.ui.prefs. Change planeditor.open.web=1 to planeditor.open.web=0 (you could probably just delete that property but I did not try that)

Regards,
Greg

Hello,

In RTC 3, I created a plan for the first time. RTC asked me if I wanted to open all plans in the web client from now on. I selected yes but I can not find anywhere to undo this option. Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,
Greg

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Nov 12 '11, 12:55 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

Thanks,
Greg

Hi Greg, just in case you run into a similar "remember my decision" dialog related to Jazz SCM, navigate to Preferences --> Team --> Jazz Source Control --> Notification Dialogs. This makes it easier than having to find some preference file in the .metadata directory.

You could open a work item to request that their 'remember' choices be easily available in the Preferences...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.