It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to change role based users in Owned By attribute in WI depending on state changed.

Rohini Kumar (92853) | asked Jun 02 '17, 2:05 a.m.

Hi Team,

My scenario is that,Supposed WI state is start Developing, on this state automatically set all developers name     from project  to owned by attribute,same as when State is Under Testing then on this state set automatically all testers name to same owned by attribute.Is it possible using JavaScript .
Can Anyone suggest any idea on the Same.
Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards
Amruta.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 02 '17, 3:13 a.m. | edited Jun 02 '17, 5:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This might be a language problem, but this does not make sense:
automatically set all developers name     from project  to owned by attribute
One interpretation would be: you want to change the names of all developers to the name of the owner of the work item - albeit technically possible, that does not make sense at all.

One other interpretations would be you want to set the owned by attribute to a list of developers. This might make more sense, but "Owned by"! can only be set to one user - for very good reasons, that will never change.

As usual it would be important to understand what you want to achieve and what the business value would be, Based on this and the lack of other data I would assume to be provided in each question here you might want to see How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers? 

Albert Yao commented Jun 02 '17, 5:37 a.m. | edited Jun 02 '17, 5:53 a.m.

Hi, Amruta, I have the similar requirement&question of RTC customization.If you have any progress, please post it in this, I and many RTC users will appreciate it!

Hi, Ralph, I think this question makes sense. Assume you have hundreds of members in a project area, now RTC list all of them in the "Owned by" list values, it is very hard to use. When a task is in "developing" state, why should I choose from so many users/list values? I want to only choose from the users in the "developer" role and I think if RTC could supply the API of getUsersbyRole(), it will be very helpful and useful!

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 02 '17, 6:06 a.m.

Form the description of the question, I am not sure what is asked for, but I am absolutely unable to relate it to your requirement. I think that attribute customization actually provides you with value sets. Also, the Java API also provides the API that can be used to get users by role. A Java based value set can likely provide you with this. See RoleBasedUserProvider in https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/attribute-customization-java-based-value-providers-conditions-and-validators/ . But that is not what I get from the question at all. 

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 02 '17, 6:18 a.m. | edited Jun 02 '17, 6:19 a.m.

So if the original question is getting role based user list as value set to choose from, a custom value set (Java) could be a solution See RoleBasedUserProvider in https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/attribute-customization-java-based-value-providers-conditions-and-validators/

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.