It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Has anyone here integrated RTC and Salesfoce?

Walter Mansur (63613017) | asked Nov 10 '11, 2:57 p.m.
closed Dec 29 '21, 6:40 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646)
Currently using RTC v2.0.0.2, iFix6 on Windows.

Has anyone here done a successful RTC/Salesforce integration? I found a couple of items on Jazz.NET that mention Salesforce:

The following post is from Extending Team Concert forum and it looks like the author was trying set up a service that could be called from a client:

https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19332&highlight=salesforce

The following Enhancement Work Item asked for RTC/Salesforce integration. It is resolved as "inactive". It has a link to the OSLC project.

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=86279

We are doing this now and the people from Salesforce are going to use a tool named "Data Loader" to integrate data between our RTC database and what they call a "Service Cloud" which will have our CRM data.

One other note: I have exported our SQL Server database for RTC into an Excel Spreadsheet to help the Salesforce people do their work with "Data Loader". It turns out that the Custom Work Item fields that we created here do not show up in the schema for the table used by RTC Work Items. I saw several articles here on Jazz.NET that this was expected.

Any thoughts or advice is appreciated.

-Walter

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Problem is not reproducible or outdated" by rschoon Dec 29 '21, 6:40 a.m.

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 10 '11, 3:53 p.m.
yes, I have a functioning bi-directional near-realtime integration between Service Cloud and RTC for our software products.

My code was developed and tested on 3.0.1. part of the change in 3.0.1 was to save the comment timestamp so that the SC comment timestamp could be kept, I wrote the prototype for that change and submitted an enhancement which was accepted.

I would be glad to talk to you offline.

Sam

permanent link
Walter Mansur (63613017) | answered Nov 10 '11, 5:21 p.m.
Hi Sam,

Thanks for the quick reply. We actually have v3.0.1 installed in a test environment here.

This is good information. Right now, due to resource issues, we are keeping v2.0.0.2 and will roll out the upgrade after the RTC/Salesforce integration.

Thanks again,

-Walter

yes, I have a functioning bi-directional near-realtime integration between Service Cloud and RTC for our software products.

My code was developed and tested on 3.0.1. part of the change in 3.0.1 was to save the comment timestamp so that the SC comment timestamp could be kept, I wrote the prototype for that change and submitted an enhancement which was accepted.

I would be glad to talk to you offline.

Sam