It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I search for specified IFileItem user property values within a workspace?

Bruce Eifler (3912) | asked Jun 07 '13, 12:30 p.m.
How can I search for specified IFileItem user property values within a workspace?
I am researching using IFileItem user properties to hold versioned part metadata.
I am anticipating that users will want to be able to search for parts that contain specific metadata values within a workspace.
One way I can think of to do this is to maintain a separate database of known metadata values with indexes to the parts containing these values.
However it would be better if RTC provided this capability.
Please let me know if there is a way to do this within RTC.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jun 10 '13, 12:51 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is not currently supported in RTC, but there is a work item currently planned for 4.0.4 which would allow you to query for metadata: Support query on properties of a versionable state (266403) .  You might want to add a comment to that work item indicating what kind of query terms you will need (exact match, expressions, and/or/not functions, etc).

Comments
Bruce Eifler commented Jun 10 '13, 1:30 p.m.

When I select the link you provided I get an authentication dialog.
However it does not take the userid/pw that I use to login to jazz.net.
Do I need a higher authority to access this area?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 10 '13, 1:42 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

That link is just to a standard jazz.net work item in the RTC project area, so you should be able to use your normal jazz.net userid/pw to view it.   Can you see other jazz.net work items?   If so, just type 266403 in the work item search box, and that should bring it up.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.