It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC e-signature

Angelo Corna (26148381) | asked Nov 08 '11, 8:38 a.m.
As described on this link
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0.0.1?p=news

on 2.0.0.1 version a basic implementation of e-signature has been added on RTC. Here the detail:
In projects which must meet American FDA 21 CFR Part 11 requirements, certain changes to key records must be protected and require a reconfirmation of the user doing the change.
In RTC 2.0.0.1 we've added an initial basic implementation that allows reconfirmation for work item approval accepts or rejects. In upcoming releases we will extend this to support more types of work item changes, such as state transitions and attribute modifications.

The FDA 21 CFR Part 11 requires the insert of userid and password for e-signature process but unfortunately the e-signature implemented on RTC requires only the password.
I've checked on a RTC 3.0.1 environment and the behavior seems the same.

How can I obtain a userid and password request during e-signature phase?

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

permanent link
Harel Fishgrund (2622) | answered Nov 08 '11, 9:58 a.m.
As described on this link
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0.0.1?p=news

on 2.0.0.1 version a basic implementation of e-signature has been added on RTC. Here the detail:
In projects which must meet American FDA 21 CFR Part 11 requirements, certain changes to key records must be protected and require a reconfirmation of the user doing the change.
In RTC 2.0.0.1 we've added an initial basic implementation that allows reconfirmation for work item approval accepts or rejects. In upcoming releases we will extend this to support more types of work item changes, such as state transitions and attribute modifications.

The FDA 21 CFR Part 11 requires the insert of userid and password for e-signature process but unfortunately the e-signature implemented on RTC requires only the password.
I've checked on a RTC 3.0.1 environment and the behavior seems the same.

How can I obtain a userid and password request during e-signature phase?

Thanks in advance.

I would suggest developing an advisor trigger that runs upon signing a work item, that would force a log-off.
When the client will realize that the user is logged off, it will prompt the user to log-in again (using a username and password).
True, this method comes instead of using the e-signature feature of RTC.

permanent link
Angelo Corna (26148381) | answered Nov 08 '11, 10:37 a.m.
Harel,

I need to track the signature. How can do it with your suggestion?

Angelo

permanent link
Harel Fishgrund (2622) | answered Nov 08 '11, 10:41 a.m.
Harel,

I need to track the signature. How can do it with your suggestion?

Angelo

Hmmmm I don't think you can with my method

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.