It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Team artifacts almost all empty

Jeff Foege (45266960) | asked Nov 07 '11, 3:31 p.m.
I have a developer that called me over to his desk a bit ago complaining the Team Artifacts window is empty. When I looked at it he only had Repository Connection and my Team Area listed. The Sandboxes, My Repository Workspaces, and Feeds were gone. If he connected to a project and expand the project area, RTC would only display Builds & Reports. He has tried to reboot the PC and Visual Studio. The only other option I have for him is to go through the painful process of uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling.

5 answers

permanent link
Prabodh Mairh (3812) | answered Nov 09 '11, 10:13 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a developer that called me over to his desk a bit ago complaining the Team Artifacts window is empty. When I looked at it he only had Repository Connection and my Team Area listed. The Sandboxes, My Repository Workspaces, and Feeds were gone. If he connected to a project and expand the project area, RTC would only display Builds & Reports. He has tried to reboot the PC and Visual Studio. The only other option I have for him is to go through the painful process of uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling.

From the post, it looks like all SCM related nodes are not appearing. Can you check if Jazz source control has been selected as the source control plugin. You can check this by going to Tools->Options->Source Control->Plug-in Selection, and select "Jazz Source Control" in the plugin selection dropdown.

permanent link
Jeff Foege (45266960) | answered Nov 09 '11, 11:07 a.m.

From the post, it looks like all SCM related nodes are not appearing. Can you check if Jazz source control has been selected as the source control plugin. You can check this by going to Tools->Options->Source Control->Plug-in Selection, and select "Jazz Source Control" in the plugin selection dropdown.

That is what changed. However I can't seem to select Jazz Source Control from the list. I've tried everything and nothing allows me to select it, either by mouse or kb.

permanent link
Prabodh Mairh (3812) | answered Nov 11 '11, 2:18 a.m.

That is what changed. However I can't seem to select Jazz Source Control from the list. I've tried everything and nothing allows me to select it, either by mouse or kb.

That's very strange. We'll need logs from you to investigate this. To generate logs, you can try this -
1. In your visual studio client, click "Team Concert->Windows->Team Concert Log". This will open a log window. Set Trace Level to "Verbose" in the drop down.
2. Try changing source control provider to "Jazz Source Control" now, this should show some log statements in the log view. You can click on "Save Log Files" in the log view to save logs.

permanent link
Jeff Foege (45266960) | answered Nov 11 '11, 1:14 p.m.

That's very strange. We'll need logs from you to investigate this. To generate logs, you can try this -
1. In your visual studio client, click "Team Concert->Windows->Team Concert Log". This will open a log window. Set Trace Level to "Verbose" in the drop down.
2. Try changing source control provider to "Jazz Source Control" now, this should show some log statements in the log view. You can click on "Save Log Files" in the log view to save logs.

The developer sent this to me this morning:
The com.ibm.team.scm.ui.JazzSccProvider, ScmUI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e3f783867e567a0b ({AC8810C5-F6E7-4145-83AA-FDFFF6F5506D}) did not load because of previous errors. For assistance, contact the package vendor. To attempt to load this package again, type 'devenv /resetskippkgs' at the command prompt.
The com.ibm.team.workitem.ui.WorkItemUI, WorkItemUI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0b4353fd5e516d47 ({63043B71-700B-41EB-86CB-0A43DE6AA566}) did not load because of previous errors. For assistance, contact the package vendor. To attempt to load this package again, type 'devenv /resetskippkgs' at the command prompt.
The com.ibm.team.workitem.ui.WorkItemUI, WorkItemUI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0b4353fd5e516d47 ({63043B71-700B-41EB-86CB-0A43DE6AA566}) did not load because of previous errors. For assistance, contact the package vendor. To attempt to load this package again, type 'devenv /resetskippkgs' at the command prompt.

Does this help?

permanent link
Prabodh Mairh (3812) | answered Nov 15 '11, 12:07 p.m.

The developer sent this to me this morning:
The com.ibm.team.scm.ui.JazzSccProvider, ScmUI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e3f783867e567a0b ({AC8810C5-F6E7-4145-83AA-FDFFF6F5506D}) did not load because of previous errors. For assistance, contact the package vendor. To attempt to load this package again, type 'devenv /resetskippkgs' at the command prompt.

Does this help?

Well all I can see is that our packages did not get loaded, which was expected given the issue. Is there any additional information in the output window of vs shell? Does a package load after "devenv /resetskippkgs" give any additional info?
Is it possible that your previous uninstall was not successful. Do you get this issue on reinstall too?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.