It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting error while undo option in unresolved folder

Kaushambi Singh (371310379) | asked Jun 15 '12, 9:36 a.m.
edited Jun 15 '12, 11:47 a.m. by Tim Mok (6.6k38)

I am getting an error while trying to undo a file in unresolved folder. Not sure how to resolve this. Its a solution file. 

Error below:

Unable to set contents of /FundOfFunds/FundOfFunds/DEV/3.3/Source/Gallery/Gallery.suo : Could not write file: C:\RTC_Dev\FundOfFunds\FundOfFunds\DEV\3.3\Source\Gallery\Gallery.suo.
Could not write file: C:\RTC_Dev\FundOfFunds\FundOfFunds\DEV\3.3\Source\Gallery\Gallery.suo.
C:\RTC_Dev\FundOfFunds\FundOfFunds\DEV\3.3\Source\Gallery\Gallery.suo (Access is denied.)

It doesn't require any access but still shows access denied. If I do ignore it doesn't help, adds in jazzignore file. Please advice.

Comments
David Olsen commented Jun 15 '12, 10:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your question appears to be full of formatting junk. Please edit your question to remove that so that people are more likely to read it. It would also help if you explained what kind of change you made to the file in question. Did you make any changes to any of its parent directories? Are you able to write that same file from outside of RTC? Is that file locked by a different process?

One answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Jun 18 '12, 9:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Yes, the formatting makes it a bit hard to read. Since you are referring to a solution file, may I assume that you are working with Visual Studio + RTC Client?

Does the RTC Visual Studio FAQ cover your question?

If not, please give more details:
Which Visual Studio and RTC Version are you using?
I assume C:\RTC_Dev is your sandbox and FundOfFunds is the component / path of the versionables? Which one is the unresolved folder? ...\Gallery or higher up?
In which view of Visual Studio client are you attempting the undo? Pending Changes / Sandbox Explorer / Solution Explorer?

- Arne

Comments
Sreerupa Sen commented Jun 19 '12, 11:29 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Looks like RTC is unable to write into your .suo file. Are you sharing .suo files in RTC? .suo files are typically user specific and ignored by RTC by default. Is there a reason that you want your suo files shared? What happens when you ignore it and then Undo the changes to the unresolved folder?

Cheers --Rupa

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.