It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Porting Agent - any hints? Guide?

Greg Johnson (1) | asked Nov 02 '11, 4:06 p.m.
I am attempting to port the 7.1.2 BF agent to a new oss (HP Nonstop OSS). Its unix-like and claims to be POSIX. It is not based on linux or anything HP unix.

Anyway is there any sort of a porting guide or FAQ anywhere? For example the platform doesn't support IPV6 - and it looks like the agent requires IPV6.

I had sucessfuly ported the older 7.0.0 agent to this platform - but it looks like it's been almost entirely rewritten. Can the management Console for 7.1.2 work with a 7.0.0 agent?

3 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Nov 04 '11, 2:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am attempting to port the 7.1.2 BF agent to a new oss (HP Nonstop OSS). Its unix-like and claims to be POSIX. It is not based on linux or anything HP unix.

Anyway is there any sort of a porting guide or FAQ anywhere? For example the platform doesn't support IPV6 - and it looks like the agent requires IPV6.

I had sucessfuly ported the older 7.0.0 agent to this platform - but it looks like it's been almost entirely rewritten. Can the management Console for 7.1.2 work with a 7.0.0 agent?

Hi,

I'm not aware of a porting guide. I did find this page on the IBM site about agent backward compatibility.

Brent

permanent link
Robert haig (1.0k16) | answered Nov 09 '11, 2:39 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have several linux systems running the bf agent without the linux ipv6 module loaded. I also once built bfagent for my phone (Nokia N900 running maemo) just because I wanted to, and it did not have IPv6 enabled.

it does look like NonStop has autoconf, and bfagent uses autoconf, so you should be in good shape, or configure will tell you what you're missing.

permanent link
Greg Johnson (1) | answered Jun 14 '12, 2:42 p.m.
Thank you for your answers.  Tried the autoconf - didn't work out so well since 'hp nonstop oss' isn't that well of a platform.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.