It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem turning off LDAP authentication

Paul Bodiam (2651) | asked Aug 05 '10, 4:22 p.m.
Hi

I tried to remove the LDAP server definition in a 7.1.1.4 installation today, and I get the following error:

Failed SQL query
=>

Interestingly, I can copy this LDAP server definition, and delete the copy without any problems.

Do I have some form of data corruption, or is this the expected behaviour?

thanks
Paul

3 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Aug 05 '10, 11:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

I tried to remove the LDAP server definition in a 7.1.1.4 installation today, and I get the following error:

Failed SQL query
=>

Interestingly, I can copy this LDAP server definition, and delete the copy without any problems.

Do I have some form of data corruption, or is this the expected behaviour?

thanks
Paul

Hi Paul,

You must have users in the system that have logged in at some point under that LDAP entry. If you were to delete those users first and then return to delete the LDAP entry, that error message will not occur and the LDAP entry will be deleted. There is not any data corruption.

In future releases, the delete button on the LDAP page has been disabled if this situation exists (users still exist for that LDAP entry), so that the database error message will not have a chance to appear.

bju

permanent link
Paul Bodiam (2651) | answered Aug 23 '10, 7:02 a.m.
Hi Paul,

You must have users in the system that have logged in at some point under that LDAP entry. If you were to delete those users first and then return to delete the LDAP entry, that error message will not occur and the LDAP entry will be deleted. There is not any data corruption.

Hi bju

Ok, I deleted the users and then deleted the LDAP definition - and it appears to have badly broken Build Forge!
I can still log in (as the root user), but as soon as I try to do anything useful (like view project steps, or add a new user) the Build Forge session simply hangs.

Any ideas?

permanent link
Peter Birk (501145) | answered Aug 23 '10, 4:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can you check the catalina.log in your tomcat/logs directory for clues to what it's complaining about? I would suggest stopping Build Forge, clearing all logs, and restarting it. Immediately after startup, do something in the UI that made it hang and report the catalina.log information you have.

Thanks,
Pete

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.