It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to organize the folder structure in build definition

W Ye (26107) | asked Nov 02 '11, 9:57 a.m.
I have multiple components in one stream. To build, I need to get source code in certain way.

The source code is like below
Component_A
A_dir1
A_dir1_dir1
A_dir1_dir2
A_dir2
Component_B
B_dir1
B_dir2

To run the build, I need the code to be loaded as
A_dir1_dir1
B_dir1
B_dir2

I did some research on Component Load Rules, but did not find a good way to resolve this issue. Is it possible?

3 answers

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | answered Nov 02 '11, 10:15 a.m.
Isn't "Component Load Rules" there?

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.team.build.doc/topics/r_scm_build_loadrules.html

Worst case, just load everything and let your build script handle it.

Jirong

permanent link
W Ye (26107) | answered Nov 02 '11, 11:13 a.m.
The problem is:

I have identical top level folder name in both component. So if load from the top level, RTC will complain one component is being overwritten by anther.

This is a legacy system migrated to RTC, it is not easy to reorganize the code structure due to the whole build/release history. So I am looking for a way to compromise the gap at code loading.

Also, I tried to created the load rule in each component.
In the first component, the file contains:
RootFolderName=/modules/thirdparty

The second component, the file contains
RootFolderName=/modules

The third component, the file contains
RootFolderName=/build_system
RootFolderName=/installer

I am getting error message from the build.

2011-11-02 11:08:07 Fetching files to fetch destination "/home/etadev/NightlyBuild/IAM.main" ...
com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.SourceControlUtility$2: Status WARNING: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client code=2 Loading the directories in the file system would overwrite/remove existing directories. null children=
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.SourceControlUtility.updateFileCopyArea(SourceControlUtility.java:625)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.JazzScmPreBuildParticipant.preBuild(JazzScmPreBuildParticipant.java:238)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop.invokePreBuildParticipants(BuildLoop.java:844)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop$2.run(BuildLoop.java:650)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Contains : 0 /build.xml (requested to be loaded from both component impc-20110930 and packaging-20110930)
Contains : 1 /RTC-build-loader.txt (requested to be loaded from both component packaging-20110930 and impc-20110930)
Contains : 2 /antlib (requested to be loaded from both component packaging-20110930 and packaging-20110930)
Contains : 3 /.jazzignore (requested to be loaded from both component packaging-20110930 and packaging-20110930)

permanent link
Paulo Trecenti (11) | answered Jun 05 '13, 9:56 p.m.
 I have the same error because the load rule put the content of "Main Folder" at the root extraction folder and ignore the "Main folder".

I want to solve it too... :(

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.