It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrading Issues?

Akilah Jones (106154) | asked Nov 02 '11, 1:51 a.m.
Given the following scenario:I have JTS, CCM, QM and RM all installed on the same server.

Would I have to upgrade all corresponding clients/integrations (DNG, CC\CQ, Rhapsody, etc) if I decide to upgrade to the latest version of the CLM Solution?

I'm particularly interested in CC\CQ and Rhapsody, but haven't found any documentation with regards to version compatibility for these integrations and RTC (the CCM application).

Can I have different versions on the same server? Is it possible to upgrade one (or more) of the applications without upgrade the entire CLM solution?

please advise, thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Fred Bickford (16221) | answered Nov 03 '11, 7:23 p.m.
For some integrations (ClearCase v8.0 ClearTeam Explorer Work Item integration would support 3.0.1,but also requires the VOB to be up to the new schema level... yet that is an integration of RTC and CTE in the same Eclipse shell so that is client based. What version of CC/CQ servers are you presently using ? What types of clients are you presently using ?Will you host CC/CQ on the same server as JTS, CCM, QM and RM ?

Fred Bickford

permanent link
Akilah Jones (106154) | answered Nov 07 '11, 6:47 p.m.
CC/CQ would be hosted on a seperate server intially, with the possibility of migrating them onto the same server later down the timeline.

We're currently using the latest version, but my question wasn't really version specific. I'd just like to know in general if the future releases of the CLM solution will be backwards and forward compatibility with DOORS, Rhapsody and CC/CQ.

Forward Compatibility:
If a new version of DOORS is released, would upgrading to a new version of the CLM solution be required.

Backwards Compatibility:
If the CLM solution is upgraded, would an upgrade to a new version of Rhapsody be required.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.