It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to share standard set of widgets with child PAs?

Timur Markunin (6495166146) | asked Oct 10 '11, 2:18 p.m.
Hi,

I'm trying to configure standard template process area and share its process configuration with all new project areas.

Is it possible to configure standard dashboards/widgets that will be inherited by child process areas?

-thanks in advance

2 answers

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44351) | answered Oct 10 '11, 9:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

You can specify dashboard templates and widget catalog entries as part of the Configuration Data for your "template process area". This configuration will be used by all projects that consume the process from the template process area.

Regards,
Martha
Jazz Developer, Process Component

Hi,

I'm trying to configure standard template process area and share its process configuration with all new project areas.

Is it possible to configure standard dashboards/widgets that will be inherited by child process areas?

-thanks in advance

permanent link
Timur Markunin (6495166146) | answered Oct 11 '11, 4:16 p.m.
Thanks Martha!

As far as I understand this configuration will apply to the newly created projects. Is it possible to apply changes to this configuration to the old projects that inherit from "template process area"?

Scenario: I have parent PA with defined dashboards in Configuration Data and child PA. I will add new widget in parent PA configuration. Will I see this new widget in child PA dashboard?

-thanks in advance

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.