It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get Progress Column in result of work item query

John O'Connor (622) | asked Sep 16 '10, 8:09 a.m.
We are using Stories as externally trackable items. Other parts of the organisation are keyed to look at our Stories.
I was trying to create a query that would report all the stories in a given iteration with their respective progress.
However Progress is not an Avaialble column in the result Layout of a Work Item Query.
Is this on purpose? How do I achieve what I want to do?
Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
David Castellanos (20686) | answered Sep 16 '10, 9:10 a.m.
We are using Stories as externally trackable items. Other parts of the organisation are keyed to look at our Stories.
I was trying to create a query that would report all the stories in a given iteration with their respective progress.
However Progress is not an Avaialble column in the result Layout of a Work Item Query.
Thanks.

Hi John,

What is 'Progress'? Is that a custom field you added on your story type work item?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Sep 16 '10, 11:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

if you refere to the progress on the plans: this is as far as I know data that is calculated on line by the plan. It is not an attribute of the work item. Other data such as time spent etc. is available since that is an attribute.

Ralph

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.