It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Bulk insert TestCases using the RQMURlUtility?

Rajesh Thanavarapu (361) | asked Oct 06 '11, 2:45 p.m.
Hello

I generated an XML file that has a few TestCases (parent tag say root). During PUT I get 400 when XML has multiple TestCases. I scceeds when XML has one TestCase only. Is bulk insert supported? If so what should be the parent tag?

If this is not supported is a way to do it using this utility?

Thanks

7 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Oct 07 '11, 8:23 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Bulk create (POST)/update (PUT)/delete (DELETE) is not supported (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#Usage_Basics), since the request URL must be a resource URL (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#resourceUrl_for_interaction_with). You would need to write a script to invoke the URL Utility for each test case.

permanent link
Rajesh Thanavarapu (361) | answered Oct 07 '11, 3:35 p.m.
Thanks Paules.

I was expecting it so I actually did write a script yesterday, that invokes this utility for each testcase. Its working!

Thanks

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Oct 08 '11, 5:28 p.m.
Great news. Did you want to post it for others to use?

permanent link
Rajesh Thanavarapu (361) | answered Oct 10 '11, 12:14 p.m.
Its jruby script and more proprietary for the application I am working with. I need to make it more generic and post it in as open source. Do you have a forum for that?

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Oct 17 '11, 11:55 a.m.
I was thinking something a little simpler such as posting it to this thread. Alternatively, if you could provide an extension to the RQM URL Utility, you could open an enhancement and attached the code as a patch.

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Nov 12 '12, 12:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As an alternative, You can consider using import.bat tool to import an XML file into RQM. It import one file at a time. I think writing a script on top of it to iterate through all xml files and import files using import.bat tool should not be a big task.
The tool can be found in RQM installation e.g. C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\qm\tools\import\import.bat

Usage:
Usage: import.bat [options]
    /H          : show this help
    /S server   : RQM server. E.g. https://servername:9443
    /C context  : RQM context root (Optional, default is qm
    /U username : login username
    /P password : login password
    /A area     : project area. Default is Quality+Manager
    /T type     : type of resource.  E.g. testcase
    /F file     : XML file to import

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Nov 15 '12, 8:13 a.m.
We are planning to add this support to the RQM Reportable API under Support bulk upload for all resources. (71696).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.