It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

new custom attributes in existing workitems

Cesar Sasaki (511285125) | asked Oct 06 '11, 12:59 p.m.
Hi

I have some workitems , and I decided to add some new custom attributes to them.
For new workitems the new attributes show normally but in already created workitems i can not modify the field ( it shows in grey in the web and it does not show in the client )

Is there someway to update those fields?

The Field is an enumeration.

2 answers

permanent link
Michael Walker (99215201157) | answered Oct 06 '11, 6:04 p.m.
Hi

I have some workitems , and I decided to add some new custom attributes to them.
For new workitems the new attributes show normally but in already created workitems i can not modify the field ( it shows in grey in the web and it does not show in the client )

In the Eclipse client you need to create a query that will return all the records you want to update with this new field (ex. All unresolved work items). Then do a select all on the result set and if you right-click on either the Type or ID column you'll see a Synchronize Attributes option. Select that and it will add your new field to those records.

I don't have the eclipse client in front of me so I can't check if it's Type or ID you right click on.

permanent link
Cesar Sasaki (511285125) | answered Oct 06 '11, 7:42 p.m.
Hi

In the Eclipse client you need to create a query that will return all the records you want to update with this new field (ex. All unresolved work items). Then do a select all on the result set and if you right-click on either the Type or ID column you'll see a Synchronize Attributes option. Select that and it will add your new field to those records.

I don't have the eclipse client in front of me so I can't check if it's Type or ID you right click on.

Thanks :)! IT was the "Type" column where you have to clik on !

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.