It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work item customization - Set conditions on relationships

Constantinos Menikos (2655) | asked Sep 27 '11, 6:04 a.m.
Hello,

I searched for how to set criteria on relationships between work items but unfortunately i haven`t understand how is that possible.
I`m trying to set a condition that checks the parent`s status of a work item and enable or disable some actions depending on the parent`s status.

How could i set this kind of condition?

Thanks.

6 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Sep 27 '11, 8:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

as far as i can tell, this is not possible to configure in the process template today.

What could be done is creating a custom process advisor see https://jazz.net/library/article/634 which could check conditions and prevent from saving. I hacked up an example that would traverse a set of links and checking some conditions that could prevent a state change.

permanent link
Constantinos Menikos (2655) | answered Oct 04 '11, 1:46 p.m.
Hi Ralph, thank you for your time.

Could you helpa a little more?

I`m having problem to correctly install the component.

I tried to create a simple custom operation advisor as desribes in the following
https://jazz.net/library/article/495/

I created the plugin , feature and update site. Unfortunately without the desired result.

The error that i`m getting is that the custom bundle failed to start because the depedency com.ibm.team.workitem.common is not installed.

Then created a feature for the com.ibm.team.workitem.common.
the error was the same but this time complained about the dependency for the bundle com.ibm.team.calm.foundation.common.

Finally i created a feature for com.ibm.team.calm.foundation.common and reset the server.

I seach for the installed components but the com.ibm.team.calm.foundation.common was not installed.

I noticed that in the component status screen in the web intarface of the server there is the following error:
CRJAZ1115I The "com.ibm.team.calm.foundation.server.internal.rest.ICALMFoundationRestService" service was not registered.

Which is the correct way to install a new component?

Thank you for your time.
Constantinos.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Oct 05 '11, 2:51 a.m.
Hi Constantinos,

that article was for RTC 2.0.0.2. There are likely to e changes in the libraries for 3.x.

Have you tried to follow https://jazz.net/library/article/634 to set up your development? It in generally works, but there are some small differences, mainly with the license files, which you will have to look up, since their names have changed. I am trying to find time for updating that article, but no luck so far.

You might also want to search this forum https://jazz.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=2 about extending RTC and follow up in it.

permanent link
Michael Leithner (1131910) | answered Oct 14 '11, 7:07 a.m.
hm... is it yet possible to set preconditions for workitems if changing their Status? (due per workflow defined actions)

Say, i want only to save a workitem,
changing the status from "in progress" to "solved" with the action "-> solve" if the owner fills our the "needed time" attribute and "estimated time correction".

I tried to handle this with preconditions for Saving work item, but that soon comes to its borders :-s
Is it possible to define custom preconditions?

Or is this just what you said Ralph and i don't understand it? xD

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Oct 14 '11, 7:51 a.m.
Hi,

I think you are fighting an issue with the Version skip to 3.0.1. The article I pointed you to is way more detailed, by the way. But it also is for 3.0. I have updated the documentation, but it is not yet published.

the article you refer to is based on RTC 2.0.0.2 and there are changes in the plug in names etc.

Please refer to the other article in my first reply. It works with 3.0.1 if you change the license packages you import to

C:\RTC301Dev\installs\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\sites\license-update-site with license plug in com.ibm.team.jazz.foundation.server.licenses.enterprise-ea

and

C:\RTC301Dev\installs\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\sites\clm-activation with license plug in com.ibm.team.licensing.product.clm

Using that setup you could also get your current plugin running - you just have to fix the dependencies.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Oct 14 '11, 10:31 a.m.
hm... is it yet possible to set preconditions for workitems if changing their Status? (due per workflow defined actions)

Say, i want only to save a workitem,
changing the status from "in progress" to "solved" with the action "-> solve" if the owner fills our the "needed time" attribute and "estimated time correction".

I tried to handle this with preconditions for Saving work item, but that soon comes to its borders :-s
Is it possible to define custom preconditions?

Or is this just what you said Ralph and i don't understand it? xD

Today I am aware of some state based conditions. For instance required attributes. There is work being done to have more capabilities.

But basically if your needs exceed what is available you would have to look into pre- and post-conditions. There are probably restrictions on what you can achieve with those.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.