It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project Dashboards restored to default after upgrading RTC

Milan Krivic (98013176143) | asked Sep 26 '11, 9:14 a.m.
Hi,

After upgrading the RTC part of CLM from version 3.0 ifix1 to 3.0.1, Project Dashboards restored to default even they have been customized!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Regards,

6 answers

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Sep 26 '11, 10:29 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Milan,

All dashboards are stored on the JTS's storage service, so this indicates a problem finding the dashboards using the query service. A few questions..

1. Are you still using the same JTS (which version?), and have you made any changes to the JTS that might affect the storage service, e.g. switch to a new DB or forget to migrate from the old one?
2. Did you change the public URL of either the JTS or RTC?
3. Is the JTS still able to find your personal dashboards, e.g. in the home menu?

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98013176143) | answered Sep 26 '11, 10:38 a.m.
Hi Milan,

All dashboards are stored on the JTS's storage service, so this indicates a problem finding the dashboards using the query service. A few questions..

1. Are you still using the same JTS (which version?), and have you made any changes to the JTS that might affect the storage service, e.g. switch to a new DB or forget to migrate from the old one?
2. Did you change the public URL of either the JTS or RTC?
3. Is the JTS still able to find your personal dashboards, e.g. in the home menu?

Hi curtispd,

We actually migrated all environment from 32-bit windows server 2003 to 64-bit win server 2008.
We have changed all necessary software (DB2 64-bit, WAS 7 64-bit).
After configuring necessary 64-bit environment, we established Jazz Team Server 3.0 ifix1 first (restoring the backup from 32-bit DB2 ESE to 64-bit DB2 ESE using option comprlib, then we have done some migration steps:

We upgraded CCM part from 3.0ifix1 to 3.0.1 following instructions from CLM help site.

Also the public URL of JTS and RTC has been changed.

Is there any way to retrieve the dashboards?

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Sep 26 '11, 10:55 a.m.
Hi Milan,

Unfortunately, changing the public URL is not currently supported in the latest releases, see: https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/127009.

Dashboard is one of the components most affected by changes in the public URL, but you may encounter any number of issues from other components as well, since this scenario is not tested. I don't have a list of known defects handy though.

Before continuing, I'd recommend reconsidering the URL change. If it's possible to hold on to the original URLs until it is supported, the fix should simply be to change it back to the original URLs, then do a repotools-jts -reindex.

Let me know if this is possible or not.

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98013176143) | answered Feb 10 '12, 4:35 a.m.
Hi Milan,

Unfortunately, changing the public URL is not currently supported in the latest releases, see: https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/127009.

Dashboard is one of the components most affected by changes in the public URL, but you may encounter any number of issues from other components as well, since this scenario is not tested. I don't have a list of known defects handy though.

Before continuing, I'd recommend reconsidering the URL change. If it's possible to hold on to the original URLs until it is supported, the fix should simply be to change it back to the original URLs, then do a repotools-jts -reindex.

Hi curtispd,

Just to be sure. Will this issue work if I replace original Public URI to another machine?

Thanks,

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Feb 10 '12, 9:39 a.m.
Yes, it shouldn't matter which physical machine it is on, as long as it's the same database content and original public URL it was created with.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 10 '12, 9:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, giving a new machine that URL is fine ... what RTC cares about is
that the original URL gets you to the right repository ... it doesn't
care what physical machine currently hosts that repository.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 2/10/2012 4:38 AM, milan.krivic wrote:
curtispdwrote:
Hi Milan,

Unfortunately, changing the public URL is not currently supported in
the latest releases, see:
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/127009.

Dashboard is one of the components most affected by changes in the
public URL, but you may encounter any number of issues from other
components as well, since this scenario is not tested. I don't have a
list of known defects handy though.

Before continuing, I'd recommend reconsidering the URL change. If
it's possible to hold on to the original URLs until it is supported,
the fix should simply be to change it back to the original URLs, then
do a repotools-jts -reindex.

Hi curtispd,

Just to be sure. Will this issue work if I replace original Public URI
to another machine?

Thanks,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.