It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Archive/Retire Test Cases

Rajah Vedamurthy (1111128) | asked Sep 22 '11, 12:01 p.m.
We have a project in RQM which holds 5000 test cases. Is there a way to archive or retire old test cases from a project.

Is there a workaround available to minimize the number of test cases like moving to a different project?
Please let me know your thoughts or a solution to achieve this.

Version: RQM 2.0.1 IFIX05.

Regards,
Rajah

5 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Sep 23 '11, 9:01 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We have a project in RQM which holds 5000 test cases. Is there a way to archive or retire old test cases from a project.

Yes, you can simply delete (or archive) the test cases.

Is there a workaround available to minimize the number of test cases like moving to a different project?

I am not sure I understand the question. You can use project areas to isolate test resources.

permanent link
Rajah Vedamurthy (1111128) | answered Sep 23 '11, 9:03 a.m.
Thanks Paul, but I don't want them to delete, I wanted to Archive, How do I archive or isolate from the existing projects?

Yes, you can simply delete (or archive) the test cases.

I am not sure I understand the question. You can use project areas to isolate test resources.

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Sep 23 '11, 9:12 a.m.
Delete is a soft delete or archive (required for audit purposes). However, they cannot be reactivate an archived resource.

permanent link
Rajah Vedamurthy (1111128) | answered Sep 23 '11, 9:15 a.m.
So What I am understanding Delete is Archive, but once you archive(delete) it you cannot unarchive it.

If my understanding is correct, I do not want this to happen.

I am looking to move these test cases to a different project and if needed I can bring back to the same source project. I am guessing this is not possible and there is no workaround available. Please confirm

Delete is a soft delete or archive (required for audit purposes). However, they cannot be reactivate an archived resource.

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Sep 23 '11, 9:18 a.m.
Correct.

To move test resource(s) between project areas, you need to export/reimport the test resource(s).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.