It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add links(link tab) in Test case or test plan in RQM

Nilesh Patil (1733650) | asked Apr 23 '15, 5:49 a.m.
Hi,
I am new to RQM and OSLC. I have requirement where I need to integrate RQM with third party tool(Command line tool) through OSLC bridge. I have added association in QM project area,but I didn't find way to link section option in Test case, test plan. How to add links like Related task, Tested by, Affected by in test case or test plan.

Like in (RTC)CM we add association in project area(Related Change Request) and then under workitem links we add Related change Request, it pops up oslc dialog with create/select workitem of target tool.

Idea is to initialization the command line adaptor through the link the when user click on link.

Thank you in advance

One answer

permanent link
Aaron Ramirez (362) | answered Apr 23 '15, 10:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Nilesh,

I would like to understand a little more about your third party tool. You mention it can be integrated with RQM using "OSLC bridge".  Do you mean your tool implements the OSLC Specification? As the specification points, RQM will create Related Task links (by clicking on the "Create Work Item" link on a Test Case or Test Plan section) or Affected By links (when executing a Test Case and a Defect is associated) as long as the application integrated has a Service Provider implemented which offer Change Management relationships, such as:

oslc_cm:relatedChangeRequest
oslc_cm:affectsPlanItem
oslc_cm:affectedByDefect

http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmSpecificationV2

Since you mention your tool works correctly for RTC, can you confirm the third party tool has Delegated UIs (Work Item picker dialog, Work Item creation dialog) implemented? If so, what type of association was created in the QM project area? For the Related task link to work, you need to create an association of the type "Uses Quality Tasks"; for Defects, you need to create an association of type "Uses Defects".

Please let me know if this information was useful for you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.