It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Comment/scratch space for build result

Erin Schnabel (6667) | asked Sep 21 '11, 11:55 a.m.
It would be really really helpful if there were a comment field on a build result page. I don't care if it secretly maps to an attachment-- it should be something that goes away when the build result is deleted. It doesn't have to have/retain history.

We have to deal with flaky builds at the moment. We have a distributed team. We can't always immediately associate with an existing workitem, and don't want to spam our backlog by always creating new items.

it would be really really good if we could just jot on the build record: this might be the same as that, so-and-so is looking.

Pretty pretty pretty please? Or is there a way to add fields to build results (I couldn't find it if there is.. )

3 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Sep 21 '11, 12:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It would be really really helpful if there were a comment field on a build result page. I don't care if it secretly maps to an attachment-- it should be something that goes away when the build result is deleted. It doesn't have to have/retain history.

We have to deal with flaky builds at the moment. We have a distributed team. We can't always immediately associate with an existing workitem, and don't want to spam our backlog by always creating new items.

it would be really really good if we could just jot on the build record: this might be the same as that, so-and-so is looking.

Pretty pretty pretty please? Or is there a way to add fields to build results (I couldn't find it if there is.. )

Hi,

Your scenario sound very similar to this open enhancement. Feel free to add comments to the work item.

Brent Ulbricht
RTC Build Lead

permanent link
Erin Schnabel (6667) | answered Sep 21 '11, 11:54 p.m.

Hi,

Your scenario sound very similar to this open enhancement. Feel free to add comments to the work item.

Brent Ulbricht
RTC Build Lead

done. thanks for the pointer. ;)

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 21 '11, 11:54 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'd suggest creating a work item for this, and avoid spamming your
backlog by assigning a special category for it, and assign that category
to a special "build issues" team area.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 9/21/2011 12:23 PM, ebullient wrote:
It would be really really helpful if there were a comment field on a
build result page. I don't care if it secretly maps to an
attachment-- it should be something that goes away when the build
result is deleted. It doesn't have to have/retain history.

We have to deal with flaky builds at the moment. We have a distributed
team. We can't always immediately associate with an existing workitem,
and don't want to spam our backlog by always creating new items.

it would be really really good if we could just jot on the build
record: this might be the same as that, so-and-so is looking.

Pretty pretty pretty please? Or is there a way to add fields to build
results (I couldn't find it if there is.. )

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.