It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

scm accept gets: No collaboration found for component(s)

Rick Chapman (7111312) | asked Sep 15 '11, 5:53 p.m.
I'm using the scm CLI in RTC v3 to build a workspace that contains source from a snapshot of a workspace that was successfully built, plus some additional changes (in order to confirm the changes don't break anything). First I create the workspace from the snapshot using:
scm create workspace --snapshot $ssUUID $wsName
Then I use the accept to add changesets to the workspace. It works well when I specify the uuids of one or more changesets like so:
scm accept --flow-components --no-merge --overwrite-uncommitted -t $wsUUID -c $changesetUUIDs
The help info for the accept command says I can specify work items instead of change set UUIDs but when I do that, I get:
Problem running 'accept':
No collaboration found for component(s) in the workspace.
I've searched for any explanation of that error but can't find it. I get that same error if I specify a bogus work item number, so I'm thinking it does not like me specifying work item numbers. Does it think the work item numbers I'm specifying are changeset UUIDs?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered Sep 19 '11, 12:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The accept subcommand accepts only change set alias/uuid's. I verified the help on the command line as well as the info center (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/topic/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/r_scm_cli_accept.html) and there is no mention of accepting workitems.

I'm using the scm CLI in RTC v3 to build a workspace that contains source from a snapshot of a workspace that was successfully built, plus some additional changes (in order to confirm the changes don't break anything). First I create the workspace from the snapshot using:
scm create workspace --snapshot $ssUUID $wsName
Then I use the accept to add changesets to the workspace. It works well when I specify the uuids of one or more changesets like so:
scm accept --flow-components --no-merge --overwrite-uncommitted -t $wsUUID -c $changesetUUIDs
The help info for the accept command says I can specify work items instead of change set UUIDs but when I do that, I get:
Problem running 'accept':
No collaboration found for component(s) in the workspace.
I've searched for any explanation of that error but can't find it. I get that same error if I specify a bogus work item number, so I'm thinking it does not like me specifying work item numbers. Does it think the work item numbers I'm specifying are changeset UUIDs?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

permanent link
Rick Chapman (7111312) | answered Sep 19 '11, 8:48 a.m.
I guess this changed between v2 and v3. The v2 help shows:

Help on accept
Accept changes into a remote workspace. The changes to accept can be scoped in one of four ways: all changes in a workspace (default), all changes in a set of one of more components (using --components), all changes in one or more baselines (using --baseline), or a specific set of changes (by specifying the change set aliases, UUIDs, or work item numbers).

Usage: scm accept
selectors - Optional list of items to accept

Options:
--flow-components - Accept component additions and deletions
--no-merge - Disable automatic merging of conflicts
-b - Indicates the given baselines should be accepted (alias, UUID, or name)
-C - Indicates that all changes in the given components should be accepted (alias, UUID, or name)
-c - Indicates that only the specified change sets should be accepted (alias, UUID, workitem number)
-d arg - Run in the named directory.
-i - Modify files with content conflicts to include conflicted regions.
-o - Run the accept even though there are uncommitted local changes. May cause an overwrite.
-P arg - Password for repository.
-r arg - URI specifying the location of repository.
-t arg - Select a target workspace that changes will flow into (alias, name, or UUID).
-u arg - Username for repository.
-v - Increase verbosity of output.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.