It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

scm accept replies with ambigious stream names

Walter Ridderhof (1111) | asked Sep 15 '11, 7:20 a.m.
We're having an issue with our headless build that relies on a few rtc scm commands. one of which is now failing us.

Part of the build is the accept of a stream into a workspace. The accept had been working perfectly until it suddenly failed (within an hour) with the return reply ....

Ambiguous selector "Team 3 Stream" matched multiple items:
Possible matches:
(2055) "Team 3 Stream"
(2056) "Team 3 Stream"

We are 100% certain that there is no duplicate stream.

What bugs us is that we can't even find out if a stream with a specific uuid actually exists, scm list stream returns only names no uuid's.

As there is no way to unearth a stream's uuid we can't workaround the issue by providing a stream uuid instead of a stream name.

Any input appreciated

4 answers

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Sep 15 '11, 10:28 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
From the link at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/c_scm_cli.html it looks like you can get the UUIDs using the -u flag followed by y to get the UUIDs to show.

permanent link
Walter Ridderhof (1111) | answered Sep 16 '11, 3:51 a.m.

permanent link
Walter Ridderhof (1111) | answered Sep 16 '11, 4:22 a.m.
used the wrong option on previous reply,

but, using the -u y did not result in the display of uuid information on the 'list streams' command.

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Sep 16 '11, 10:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
@ridderw: I assume you're using a 3.x client. I didn't see you mention the version in your posts.

I see:
$ scm ls streams -r s

(1005) "L3 Tools and Docs"
(1006) "Source Control (versionable content service) (inactive)"
(1007) "Source Control 2.0.0.1 (CLI mashup) (currently unused)"
(1008) "Source Control 3.0 (distributed flows) (inactive)"

$ scm -u y ls streams -r s
(1005:_XJoOASfsEeC4WaIM5s-dYQ) "L3 Tools and Docs"
(1006:_S0bIUSfsEeC4WaIM5s-dYQ) "Source Control (versionable content service) (inactive)"

As Michael suggested, this works. From your comment about "-a" not being valid, I suspect you're putting the -a/-u in the arguments to the subcommand rather than scm. ie, you're typing 'scm ls ws -u y' rather than 'scm -u y ls ws'.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.