It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Building Through RTC

Abhinav Bommakanti (621) | asked Sep 14 '11, 8:25 p.m.
Hi,I am building my code using ARM compiler and have written a batch file which calls other batch files.When I run the batch file from command prompt i can compile & build succesfully but when I run using through RTC by givin the path of batch file its throwing errors for batch files which I call from my batch file saying that it cannot recognize the batch file as Internal or external command or program or a batch file.Please help me.

3 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Sep 15 '11, 8:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,I am building my code using ARM compiler and have written a batch file which calls other batch files.When I run the batch file from command prompt i can compile & build succesfully but when I run using through RTC by givin the path of batch file its throwing errors for batch files which I call from my batch file saying that it cannot recognize the batch file as Internal or external command or program or a batch file.Please help me.

I'm guessing you're using a Command Line - JBE build definition template. Have you set the working directory on the Command Line tab? From your description it seems like the initial batch file runs (possibly you've specified an absolute path to this batch file), but when it calls the other scripts it's probably looking for them in a different directory than where they are located (I'm guessing they're probably in the same directory as the initial batch file). If you haven't set the working directory, set it to the same directory as where the initial batch file is located.

Brent Ulbricht
RTC Build Lead

permanent link
usha ladkani (611) | answered Sep 15 '11, 8:57 a.m.
Hello ,

I have configured RTC build engine to generate builds using my ant script. I have below questions .

1) I have Specified the repository workspace to build from. So will the
changes from main stream before building the code.?

2) if the code is being built from the repository workspace , the build will have the changes which are not delivered to the stream and which are local to that workspace.

3) the build notification which I will be getting , will it have work items which will be included in the build ? if yes. which work items will be taken.

4) Is there a base line created whenever the build is generated .? if yes.. will it be created for a personal build also ?

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | answered Sep 15 '11, 4:21 p.m.
Hello ,

I have configured RTC build engine to generate builds using my ant script. I have below questions .

1) I have Specified the repository workspace to build from. So will the
changes from main stream before building the code.?

There is "Accept Option" in Jazz Source Control tab in the build definition specify these options.

2) if the code is being built from the repository workspace , the build will have the changes which are not delivered to the stream and which are local to that workspace.

There is an post-build deliver option you can add to the build definition.

3) the build notification which I will be getting , will it have work items which will be included in the build ? if yes. which work items will be taken.

Yes, all work items with associated change set will be there.

4) Is there a base line created whenever the build is generated .? if yes.. will it be created for a personal build also ?

Yes, a new snapshot is created if you choose "Accept Options". Not sure about personal build.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.