It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restricting list of users that can be selected as approvers

Bhawana Gupta (1031012) | asked Sep 14 '11, 4:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
A customer wants to restrict the list of users that can be selected as approvers of a enhancement request.

This restriction could be by role (only users with role 'CCB') can be added as approvers or a named list (e.g. user A and user B can be approvers only)

This is a request I am hearing from many of my FSS customers whose process mandates this.

Request urgent help.

Regards

Bhawana

2 answers

permanent link
Pradeep Balachandran (663) | answered Sep 14 '11, 7:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is available for operation behaviors like the SCM deliver operation as explained in the second post of https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47650#47650. There you choose approvers based on roles.

Comments
Tom Batting commented Mar 26 '13, 11:58 a.m.

Hello Pradeep, is this available for work item approvals?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 26 '13, 12:23 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think this is a blind spot still, In SCM deliver, you can choose how many approvers with a certain role are needed, but I am not sure it provides with a comprehensive list of approvers with a certain role.

This is by the way also not trivial to solve, since you would be able to come up with many different scenarios how and where to look up the approvers. One possible solution would be to add a work item attribute of type contributor, backed with a role based value set, where a user can be selected. A participant could create the approval as described here http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/30/a-create-approval-work-item-save-participant/ and add the approver mentioned in the attribute.

If you have these kinds of scenarios and needs, I would suggest to create enhancement requests and communicate them here to others with similar needs, so that development can find working pattern.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.