It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Insight 1.0.1.1 Launchpad Install Fails on Windows 7

Arthur Ryman (6121) | asked Sep 12 '11, 3:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a new 64-bit Windows 7 Professional ThinkPad W520 machine. I downloaded the 4 Insight 1.0.1.1 zips from jazz.net, unzipped them to the same directory, then ran launchpad.exe from disk1. When I clicked the "Install IBM Rational Insight" link, the window flashed and did nothing. I then tried launchpad64.exe - same result.

Has anyone installed Insight 1.0.1.1 on Windows 7? Any idea what the problems it? Is there a log file somewhere? Thx

4 answers

permanent link
Jin Peng (9634) | answered Sep 13 '11, 2:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Insight not support Win7 as server, only support as client.
I have a new 64-bit Windows 7 Professional ThinkPad W520 machine. I downloaded the 4 Insight 1.0.1.1 zips from jazz.net, unzipped them to the same directory, then ran launchpad.exe from disk1. When I clicked the "Install IBM Rational Insight" link, the window flashed and did nothing. I then tried launchpad64.exe - same result.

Has anyone installed Insight 1.0.1.1 on Windows 7? Any idea what the problems it? Is there a log file somewhere? Thx

permanent link
Arthur Ryman (6121) | answered Sep 13 '11, 12:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, I see that now in https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?q1=system%20requirements&rs=3695&uid=swg27015833&context=SSRL5J&cs=utf-8&lang=en&loc=en_US

I think the installer could be more informative. At present it simply fails when the Install Product link is clicked. An error message should be given.

permanent link
Steve Altieri (6) | answered Sep 14 '11, 10:38 a.m.
Yes, I see that now in https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?q1=system%20requirements&rs=3695&uid=swg27015833&context=SSRL5J&cs=utf-8&lang=en&loc=en_US

I think the installer could be more informative. At present it simply fails when the Install Product link is clicked. An error message should be given.

I was having the same issue, but I ended up getting the installer to run by setting it to run in 32-bit compatibility mode. I'm having trouble connecting to data sources now in Data Manager (had to run that in comp mode as well), but I'm not sure whether that's an oracle thing or just more complications of W7 not being supported.

permanent link
Arthur Ryman (6121) | answered Sep 15 '11, 3:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Kelvin Low gave me the solution: Right-click launchpad.exe and "Run as administrator"

Using that tip, I successfully installed Insight on Windows 7. Everything appears to work correctly. The actual install took around 2 hours, but otherwise was flawless.

I think it should just be matter of formal testing to verify that Windows 7 is a valid client platform.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.