REST API Syntax: Export ALL Test Scripts with Steps from RQM
Hello,
I am able to successfully export one script with its steps via a REST API added to Chrome. The GET result is an XML file, which I have not been able to successfully convert into a CSV file, yet. -Different problem
How can I capture all 23,000 scripts including their steps? -I can export the scripts from RQM, but the steps aren't included, hence the REST GET:
https://rqmserver:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/projectarea/executionscript/urn:com.ibm.rqm:executionscript:2134
This example captured test script 2134 and its steps.
Thank you,
Matt
2 answers
Matt, you can use a feed request (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#feedUrl_for_interaction_with_a_f). Make sure you pass the abbreviate=false request parameter (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#abbreviate).
Thanks Paul. We found a manual way to get this, though very manual:
- In RQM, under “Planning”, select a test plan.
- Once the plan is open, then select the “PDF EXPORT” with “Export Comprehensive”.
- This can be done on all plans and it will list the scripts and steps which can be transferred (via the pdf export).
- Open it in Acrobat Pro > File > Export To > Spreadsheet > Microsoft Excel Workbook.