It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using dashboards with a project area with multiple timelines

Chris Ratcliffe (2633330) | asked Sep 08 '11, 1:44 p.m.
Hi,

I am having problems setting up dashboard report widgets, because when I go to alter the specific iterations that the report should apply to, it is only giving me a few old archived iterations, and not the ones I expect.

My project areas is setup to have:

1. A timeline with a set of iterations,
2. A category, and
3. A Team Area

for each of a set of tools my team develops. I have linked them all together in the Process Configuration tool, and that seems to be working correctly.

However, when I go to make use of a dashboard report widget for one of the tools, the setting for the report show me all of the team areas, so I can select the right team area, however, the iteration choices are not what I expect. I expect it to show either all of the iterations for all of the timelines, or even better, just the iterations for the timelines corresponding to the team area I am trying to use.

Can anyone please shed some light on what I am doing wrong, or point me to some documentation on this.

Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Chris Ratcliffe (2633330) | answered Sep 12 '11, 4:09 p.m.
I forgot to take into account that the Data Warehouse used to generate the reports only refreshes once a day. Once I waited for the refresh, my selections in the reports and charts showed all of the new iterations.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.