It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 2.0 client install

Natalia Liaskovski (5711219) | asked Sep 07 '11, 11:58 a.m.
tried to download and install various versions of the RTC client for windows, version 2.0, for Eclipse IDE but all of the compressed zip downloaded files are corrupt. Is this a known issue ? I have a specific Eclipse environment I would like to add RTC into, just tried the zipped installs (including IM) for that purpose - all corrupt

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 08 '11, 6:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

we have some detailed instruction on using download managers to download the files. Have you followed those?

I have had very few issues with downloading so far, especially using a download manager. We have however seen users with a bad internet connection having issues, especially if not using a download manager. If you are downloading using a proxy, you might want to try to bypass that, if at all possible.

permanent link
Claude Falbriard (1111) | answered Sep 08 '11, 8:39 a.m.
I'd like to report a user experience in order to improved to update process of the RTC Version 3.0.1 client tool.

1) The large size of the install image (Windows image is 366 MB large) is beyond the capacity of common network connections;
2) After approximately two hours, the Jazz download site goes into a password expiry, which disrupts the active download process. It should not expire during and active HTTP download session;
3) There is no support for the IBM download manager which transfer a software images in smaller pieces, also making use of parallel file transfer acceleration and automatic recovery in case of download failure. The Firefox browser is not able to recover a large HTTP transfer after a failure. The sum of those condition creates a continuous try and fail scenario for the upgrade;
4) Trying to bypass this error condition by maintaining an active screen session, running in parallel with the download process, also switched to the IE 8 browser, which has some file transfer recovery features.

permanent link
Seth Packham (1.4k42213) | answered Sep 08 '11, 9:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This Download Tips page gives some suggestions on how to improve your download experience from Jazz.net:

https://jazz.net/downloads/help.jsp

It explains how to use some common download managers to speed up and manage the download in multiple parts and get resume support.

I hope that helps!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.