It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to programatically raise a work item?


Toby Corbin (81126) | asked Feb 25 '08, 1:41 p.m.
As the title suggest really, are there hooks into the Jazz environment that would allow me to place to a button on my application that when pressed, would give me the raise work item? Ultimately I would be aiming for something along the lines of the camera icon that exists in Jazz that takes a snapshot and then raises a work item.

5 answers



permanent link
Christof Marti (681) | answered Feb 26 '08, 8:58 a.m.
You could subclass WorkItemUIOperation and implement execute() to populate the work item with data. WorkItemUIOperation will open the work item in a new editor when you run it with run()/runInJob().

Regards,

Christof


tobycorbin wrote:
As the title suggest really, are there hooks into the Jazz environment
that would allow me to place to a button on my application that when
pressed, would give me the raise work item? Ultimately I would be
aiming for something along the lines of the camera icon that exists
in Jazz that takes a snapshot and then raises a work item.

permanent link
Toby Corbin (81126) | answered Mar 03 '08, 9:43 a.m.
Thanks for the reply, is there any documentation on how to do this? Which jar files are these classes in?

permanent link
Christof Marti (681) | answered Mar 05 '08, 12:48 p.m.
Our documentation is not that detailed at this point, the best way to get started would be to use the source code available from the download section on jazz.net. The WorkItemUIOperation is in the workitem.rcp.ui plug-in. (Sharing the result of our previous conversation with the list.)

Christof
Jazz Work Item team

tobycorbin wrote:
Thanks for the reply, is there any documentation on how to do this?
Which jar files are these classes in?

permanent link
Toby Corbin (81126) | answered Mar 10 '08, 11:42 a.m.
I have my code set so that I connect to my repository and can successfully login using TeamPlatform.getTeamRepositoryService().getTeamRepository() followed by a call to login. I have also created my own WorkItemUIOperation class and implemented the execute() method. However, I'm stuck with what I need to pass to the operation.runInJob() method. The examples I can see in the code pass a IProjectAreaHandle object. I'm not sure what this object is. With the data I have currently (i.e. a connection to the database), is it possible to just make use of that to raise a work item?

permanent link
Christof Marti (681) | answered Mar 11 '08, 7:50 a.m.
For creating the work item you will need a project area, you could use WorkItemUI.selectProjectArea() (workitem.rcp.ui plug-in) to let the user choose one.

Christof
Jazz Work Item team


tobycorbin wrote:
I have my code set so that I connect to my repository and can
successfully login using
TeamPlatform.getTeamRepositoryService().getTeamRepository() followed
by a call to login. I have also created my own WorkItemUIOperation
class and implemented the execute() method. However, I'm stuck with
what I need to pass to the operation.runInJob() method. The examples
I can see in the code pass a IProjectAreaHandle object. I'm not sure
what this object is. With the data I have currently (i.e. a
connection to the database), is it possible to just make use of that
to raise a work item?

Your answer


Register or to post your answer.