It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Offshore - I can copy loaded local workspace?

Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | asked Aug 24 '11, 4:04 p.m.
retagged Dec 10 '13, 11:04 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
When the developers build their workspace for the first time, it will be a large timely download from here to India. Is it possible to download a generic workspace, FTP that to them, and have them take ownership of it per developer. For example, if I took Johns workspace onto my workstation, could I change it to be Jason owned and not affect Johns?

Basically we want to avoid everyone does the "load" for the first time. Is it possible to download once, copy it to everyone. Then during the actual "load" step in RTC, RTC will recognize that files are already loaded?

Jirong

11 answers

permanent link
Mrugeshkumar Panchal (6) | answered Dec 10 '13, 7:59 a.m.
 You can create multiple workspaces in Eclipse. You have to just specify the path of the workspace during Eclipse startup. You can even switch workspaces via File→Switch workspace.

You can then import project to your workspace, copy paste project to your new workspace folder, then

File→Import→Existing project in to workspace→select project.

Source: http://www.bcssarl.com

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.