It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Load other users workspace

Charles Choi (1113) | asked Aug 26 '16, 6:29 p.m.
edited Aug 28 '16, 10:16 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Is there a way for a specific account to load other users’ workspace (for build purpose only)?

Since workspace is in server,  is there an admin access to load other user workspace, no change to workspace.  Then run a build.  I am thinking of using scm login, then load workspace,  run a build, exit.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.0k33645) | answered Aug 27 '16, 7:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 27 '16, 7:33 a.m.
Any user that can see the workspace can load it. So as long as the workspace is publically visible or scoped visible, a build user can load it. The build user also needs an SCM license so needs to be assigned the built license. To have any access the build user usally also needs to be member of the project area with some role.

These workspaces are read only except to the owner, so build can not create snapshots etc.

Users with JazzAdmin repository role can see all workspacws and assign themselves ownership etc.

Technically you could make the build user(s) JazzAdmin, but there is no need to (see above) and I think it is also a safety issue.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Charles Choi commented Aug 29 '16, 5:15 p.m.
After changing to public or scoped, I can load other's workspace.  I am using "scm load".  Since workspace name may not be unique, if there are 2 or more workspace name with same name, how will RTC handle load?

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 14 '16, 4:53 a.m.

Either make the workspace name unique or pass the ID that is available as alternative to identify it.

Charles Choi commented Sep 14 '16, 2:22 p.m.

How do I get the workspace name ID?

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 15 '16, 2:02 a.m.

The Jazz SCM Command Line provides you this kind of information: https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.scm.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_scm_cli.html

One other answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Aug 26 '16, 11:48 p.m.
n, sorry.. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.