It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why there is LDAP setting in both WAS and RTC?

Jirong Hu (1.5k9293258) | asked Aug 19 '11, 11:48 a.m.
Hi

I got a situation on LDAP. We have three LDAP servers I guess, but they are not stable, I got a timeout in WAS's Global security > Standalone LDAP registry > Test Connection, if I use LDAP server host name, hsc.gov.ca.

SECJ7340E: Exception raised trying to connect to LDAP server: NamingException: hsc.ad.gov.on.ca:389 java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

I couldn't continue run the RTC Setup Wizard, so I changed to use one of IP Address in RTC and it works and let me finish the setup.

Now the initial login to RTC is a bit slow but can login, but I don't understand:

1. Why there is two places we need to give LDAP info, both in WAS and RTC? How the authentication is done in this case?

2. Why in WAS I got a connection timeout, but still can login to RTC with no problem.

Thanks
Jirong

3 answers

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9293258) | answered Sep 13 '11, 9:55 a.m.
Anyone can help on this?

permanent link
Murali Dhandapani (111) | answered Apr 04 '14, 3:30 a.m.

1. Why there is two places we need to give LDAP info, both in WAS and RTC? How the authentication is done in this case?

On WAS it is used for WAS console login and on RTC it is for application login.

2. Why in WAS I got a connection timeout, but still can login to RTC with no problem.

Good that we are able to login to RTC though there is a connection timeout... This helps existing users to use the RTC application without any issue :)

But what the reason for this issue. New users are not able to add during this issue.   Can any one please respond to this.

permanent link
Sumant Renukarya (1.1k23339) | answered Apr 04 '14, 7:38 a.m.
 Hi Jirong

For question 1, "1. Why there is two places we need to give LDAP info, both in WAS and RTC? How the authentication is done in this case? "

please see the answer here:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.