It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Bug Tracking user license

Raphael Parree (111) | asked Jun 24 '08, 10:37 a.m.
Hi

I was wondering if (end-) users that want to enter issues or improvements would also need a full license, or is there perhaps another way? (Currently we use JIRA for this purpose, where registered users can submit and search issues)

tx.,

3 answers

permanent link
Bill Higgins (4562523) | answered Jun 25 '08, 9:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There are two Contributor Access License types available for Rational Team Concert 1.0:

- Developer
- Contributor

A Developer can exercise anything that the Team Concert edition provides, while the Contributor can access a subset of capabilities.

Users with either Developer or Contributor Client License Access are able to create and modify work items.

Note that users without an assigned Client Access License can still view work items, but they are not able to create or modify them.

More information is available on this topic in the following Jazz.net tech note:

TN0004: Rational Team Concert 1.0 Editions and Licensing Overview:
https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/tech-notes/rational-team-concert-1_0-licensing-and-editions/index.html

Hi

I was wondering if (end-) users that want to enter issues or improvements would also need a full license, or is there perhaps another way? (Currently we use JIRA for this purpose, where registered users can submit and search issues)

tx.,

permanent link
Terence Quinn (6) | answered Aug 13 '08, 5:02 p.m.
Just to clarify - there is no way to grant a user authority to open a defect without granting that user contributor or developer client access? Is this correct?

I'm not sure if my team would hit the 250 user limit, but we do interface with several other teams which would simply need access/authority to open, track and modify defects.

There are two Contributor Access License types available for Rational Team Concert 1.0:

- Developer
- Contributor

A Developer can exercise anything that the Team Concert edition provides, while the Contributor can access a subset of capabilities.

Users with either Developer or Contributor Client License Access are able to create and modify work items.

Note that users without an assigned Client Access License can still view work items, but they are not able to create or modify them.

More information is available on this topic in the following Jazz.net tech note:

https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/tech-notes/rational-team-concert-1_0-licensing-and-editions/index.html

Hi

tx.,

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Aug 14 '08, 8:35 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You are right. For a user to open a workitem, they need at least a
process role that allows opening a workitem (and the assignment of
either a Contributor or Developer license).

Matt Lavin
Jazz Server Team

terence wrote:
Just to clarify - there is no way to grant a user authority to open a
defect without granting that user contributor or developer client
access? Is this correct?

I'm not sure if my team would hit the 250 user limit, but we do
interface with several other teams which would simply need
access/authority to open, track and modify defects.

billwrote:
There are two Contributor Access License types available for Rational
Team Concert 1.0:
- Developer
- Contributor

A Developer can exercise anything that the Team Concert edition
provides, while the Contributor can access a subset of capabilities.
Users with either Developer or Contributor Client License Access are
able to create and modify work items.
Note that users without an assigned Client Access License can still
view work items, but they are not able to create or modify them.
More information is available on this topic in the following
Jazz.net tech note:

rparree-jazz.netwrote:
Hi
I was wondering if (end-) users that want to enter issues or
improvements would also need a full license, or is there perhaps
another way? (Currently we use JIRA for this purpose, where
registered users can submit and search issues)
tx.,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.