It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Export version control data from Jazz into another system

Dominic Lovell (122) | asked Aug 15 '11, 8:15 a.m.
How can I export the version control data from Jazz into another system (eg: subversion, git, mercurial) and maintain the change sets and history data?

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 15 '11, 11:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
How can I export the version control data from Jazz into another system (eg: subversion, git, mercurial) and maintain the change sets and history data?

Hi, I am not aware of an exporter or format that support to do that today. You could keep the RTC system e.g.using the 10 free licenses for the history and re-share baselines in the other system.

permanent link
Dominic Lovell (6) | answered Aug 16 '11, 6:00 a.m.

Hi, I am not aware of an exporter or format that support to do that today. You could keep the RTC system e.g.using the 10 free licenses for the history and re-share baselines in the other system.

Thanks for that.

Do you know of a way I can export/copy the data to another jazz instance without bring the first one down?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 16 '11, 8:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks for that.

Do you know of a way I can export/copy the data to another jazz instance without bring the first one down?

Hi Dominic,

that - as always depends on the data. If you talk about the SCM data the only way that comes into mind is using the distributed SCM capability, since we don't have project move. Distributed SCM however requires Developer licenses (not 10 free or developer for workgroups).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.