It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to delete or archive team areas in RQM?

Janine McGinness (5133) | asked Aug 08 '11, 10:37 p.m.
RQM2.0.1.1 iFix3 - I am trying to clean up the team hierachy for a RQM Project and I can't find how to delete or archive teams, is this possible?
I found an option in the RTC Eclipse client where you can archive project and team areas via the Team Organization view, but only the main Project team was displayed (which I want to keep), none of the other teams that were manually created were displayed?

5 answers

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Aug 09 '11, 1:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RQM2.0.1.1 iFix3 - I am trying to clean up the team hierachy for a RQM Project and I can't find how to delete or archive teams, is this possible?
I found an option in the RTC Eclipse client where you can archive project and team areas via the Team Organization view, but only the main Project team was displayed (which I want to keep), none of the other teams that were manually created were displayed?

If you goto manage project area (You must be jazz admin), it should list
Active project Areas
Archive project Areas

In the list of Active project areas, you can see a action at end right hand side for each row, to archive a project area
Similarly when you open any one of the project area, in the overview tab, in the right hand side, UI lists are team area within the project. In similar fashion you should see a action to archive any team.

-|- Pramod Chandoria

permanent link
Janine McGinness (5133) | answered Aug 09 '11, 9:00 p.m.

If you goto manage project area (You must be jazz admin), it should list
Active project Areas
Archive project Areas

In the list of Active project areas, you can see a action at end right hand side for each row, to archive a project area
Similarly when you open any one of the project area, in the overview tab, in the right hand side, UI lists are team area within the project. In similar fashion you should see a action to archive any team.

-|- Pramod Chandoria

Hi Pramod,

Thank you for your reply, but there is no Actions available in the Team Area Hierarchy of a Project. There is an option to create a team via the Create Team.... hyperlink, but no other actions are available.

Just to clarify, the steps I performed are:
Go to manage project area (yes I am an Admin)
Select the Active project
On the right hand side the Team Area Hierarchy is displayed, with a list of 3 teams and 1 sub team.
The only available option is to Create Team.....
When opening a Project Team there is also no option to Archive or Delete.

Janine.

permanent link
Dancy Xia (11632) | answered Aug 10 '11, 2:02 a.m.

On the right hand side the Team Area Hierarchy is displayed, with a list of 3 teams and 1 sub team.

Janine.

In "Team Area Hierachy" section, the project area and its teams are listed there. Move the mouse to hover on the team, the action button for "archiving" will show up. And then you can click on it to archive the team.

Dancy
Jazz Foundation Process Team

permanent link
Janine McGinness (5133) | answered Aug 11 '11, 7:59 p.m.

Janine.

In "Team Area Hierachy" section, the project area and its teams are listed there. Move the mouse to hover on the team, the action button for "archiving" will show up. And then you can click on it to archive the team.

Dancy

Thanks for your reply Dancy.

In RQM 2.0.1.1 iFix3 when you hover the mouse over the teams in the Team Area Hierarchy there is no action available to archive the team.

I have however found how to archive the teams in the RTC Eclipse client.

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Aug 15 '11, 5:23 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Janine.

Dancy

Thanks for your reply Dancy.

In RQM 2.0.1.1 iFix3 when you hover the mouse over the teams in the Team Area Hierarchy there is no action available to archive the team.

I have however found how to archive the teams in the RTC Eclipse client.

I think Dancy was describing the RQM 3.0.1 behavior. In 3.0.1, you can both archive and unarchive team areas in the web ui.

- Jared

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.