It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC BIRT - show work item type name

marta olechowska (3367) | asked Aug 08 '11, 3:54 a.m.
Hello,
How it is possible to show WI_TYPE name like "Bug Reports" in LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT?

Is it possible to show WI_TYPE from TYPE table in table LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT ?
Is any option to merge WI_TYPE from LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT with WI_TYPE from TYPE ?

What I need to do is to make chart which will show all work items but when I make chart by using LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT I get strange names in field WI_TYPE. The are like IDs not like WI_TYPE name.

Regards,

3 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Aug 09 '11, 11:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
1) You can store the contents of the table TYPE in a map (Javascript object) that maps the globally unique type identifier to the human readable type name.

2) Then, you can add a computed column to the data set that fetches LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT that uses the type identifier to compute the name from the map computed in step 1.

Notice the globally unique type identifier is the concatenation of the project area item id + "t" + the type id.

The Work Items by Team sample report does something similar with states. You can use it as an example.

Of course, if you are reporting only on the current project area, you can ensure to fetch data only for the current project area to avoid out of memory problems.

permanent link
marta olechowska (3367) | answered Aug 11 '11, 7:37 a.m.
Hi,
Do you know where I can find information which may help into steps mentioned by you?

Regards,
Marta

permanent link
marta olechowska (3367) | answered Dec 12 '11, 5:39 a.m.
Hi,
Problem was solved by mapping project name + workitem name - is icredibly complicated to map any value here...

Regards,
Marta

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.