It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Baseline all components under stream at one shot

mehul Prajapati (18125554) | asked Jul 13 '11, 11:50 a.m.
is there a way which can baseline all the components under the stream at one shot, instead of baselining component individually same way as in clearcase.

Thanks

5 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jul 13 '11, 1:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
is there a way which can baseline all the components under the stream at one shot, instead of baselining component individually same way as in clearcase.

Thanks
You don't have to baseline the components individually. You can select all the components and create the baselines at the same time.

I hope that's what you're looking for.

permanent link
Richard Hebron (6078) | answered Jul 13 '11, 2:45 p.m.
Haven't worked with Clearcase, but can't you just take a snapshot of the stream.

permanent link
mehul Prajapati (18125554) | answered Jul 13 '11, 4:27 p.m.
I had tried this earlier but when i select all the components from the repository workspace the New---->Baseline option is grayed out. Am i doing it something different

Thanks

Thanks
You don't have to baseline the components individually. You can select all the components and create the baselines at the same time.

I hope that's what you're looking for.

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jul 13 '11, 5:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I had tried this earlier but when i select all the components from the repository workspace the New---->Baseline option is grayed out. Am i doing it something different

Thanks
Are you using Pending Changes view to create the baselines? Doing it from Team Artifacts view wouldn't work. If you can provide a screenshot, that would also help to figure out if there's something different with your setup.

permanent link
mehul Prajapati (18125554) | answered Jul 14 '11, 2:48 p.m.
All this time i was doing from repository work space instead of pending change view. After trying from pending change view it worked fine thanks for the clarification

Thanks
Are you using Pending Changes view to create the baselines? Doing it from Team Artifacts view wouldn't work. If you can provide a screenshot, that would also help to figure out if there's something different with your setup.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.