It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

zOS Build Dependencies: Change workspace

Luis Bazo (6832019) | asked Jul 12 '11, 7:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
From build dependencies for zOS. Dependency options.

Check box: Build changed items only
Explanation:
Build only those items that have changed or are impacted by a change to another item since the last successful build.

I suppose that this is performed comparing last successful build snapshot with current build dependency snapshot created after changes are accepted in the workspace. The "last successful" snapshot could be one made on a different workspace that the current workspace? I mean, Can I change the workspace of the dependency build after a successful build and items changed would continue being detected?

Thanks!!!

2 answers

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Jul 13 '11, 9:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

yes, as long as the workspace(s) being used flow to the same stream then there will not be an issue modifying the build definition and using a different workspace to build from.

Guy

permanent link
Luis Bazo (6832019) | answered Jul 13 '11, 12:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

yes, as long as the workspace(s) being used flow to the same stream then there will not be an issue modifying the build definition and using a different workspace to build from.

Guy

Thanks for your quick update Guy!!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.