It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

lscm --> 'C:\Program' is not recognized

Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | asked Jul 12 '11, 10:36 a.m.
C:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcert\scmtools\eclipse>lscm
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

As show above, I got this error when try to run lscm. Why?

Thanks
Jirong

2 answers

permanent link
Walter Mansur (63613017) | answered Jul 12 '11, 11:17 a.m.
Hi Jirong,

I am using RTC v2.0.0.2, iFix6.

This is a known issue. To fix this, I did a "dir /x" from the C: prompt and entered the "Alias" for "Program Files" in one line in the file named "lscm.bat" under "C:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcert\scmtools\eclipse". In that batch file there is a line that points to the java executable. This needs to be changed to use the "Alias".

1. "dir /x" from C: reveals that the "Alias" for "Program Files" is: "PROGRA~1". This may be different for you. If so, substitute the value you see for the ones shown below.
2. The line to be fixed in the batch file currently reads as:
"SET JAVA=%PRGPATH%..\..\client\eclipse\jdk\jre\bin\java". The "%PRGPATH%" needs to change to: "C:\PROGRA~1\". See below because you may need to change the path to your java executable.

I also had to update the path to "java" accordingly on my workstation. In my particular case, "..\..\client\eclipse\jdk\jre\bin\java" did not exist. I changed it to "SET JAVA=C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\TeamConcert\jdk\jre\bin\java" and I was all set to use "lscm".

Hope this helps you,

-Walter

C:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcert\scmtools\eclipse>lscm
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

As show above, I got this error when try to run lscm. Why?

Thanks
Jirong

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | answered Jul 12 '11, 11:32 a.m.
Thanks Walter, this works for me too. I am using RTC 3.

Jirong

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.