It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC on ZLinux

Wagner Arnaut (1162714) | asked Jul 04 '11, 9:08 a.m.
We are starting on CLM 3.0.1 deployment.

We are planning to install RTC, RQM and RRC on zLinux.

Is RRC server supported on zLinux?

Considering the follow article, I understood that RTC, RQM and RRC 3.0.1 are supported on Red Hat or SUSE running of zLinux.

https://jazz.net/library/article/632

Am I correct?

Thanks a lot.

Wagner Arnaut

4 answers

permanent link
Rosalind T Radcliffe (101) | answered Jul 05 '11, 11:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We are starting on CLM 3.0.1 deployment.

We are planning to install RTC, RQM and RRC on zLinux.

Is RRC server supported on zLinux?

Considering the follow article, I understood that RTC, RQM and RRC 3.0.1 are supported on Red Hat or SUSE running of zLinux.

https://jazz.net/library/article/632

Am I correct?

Thanks a lot.

Wagner Arnaut

Yes, with 3.0.1 release of RRC, Linux for System z is supported for both Red Hat and SUSE. Specifically:
# Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Updates 4 and 5 + x86-32, x86-64, System z and Power
# SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP2, SP3 + x86-32, x86-64, System z and Power

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Jul 05 '11, 3:32 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
One important detail: if you have users who will be editing the RRC visual artifacts (i.e. a normal deployment) you need one x86 machine in the mix running Windows or Linux to host an app server running the RRC converter war. The converter war part of the RRC server application; it converts the visual artifacts into editable models for the web clients. This is mentioned in the RRC 3.0.1 announcement letter (but apparently not in the release notes).

permanent link
Wagner Arnaut (1162714) | answered Jul 07 '11, 1:59 p.m.
One important detail: if you have users who will be editing the RRC visual artifacts (i.e. a normal deployment) you need one x86 machine in the mix running Windows or Linux to host an app server running the RRC converter war. The converter war part of the RRC server application; it converts the visual artifacts into editable models for the web clients. This is mentioned in the RRC 3.0.1 announcement letter (but apparently not in the release notes).

Thanks a lot Rosalind and Daniel.

Are there any plans to support Converter.war installation on zLinux?

Is it planned for 3.0.0.1 release?

Are there any Work Item that I can track its evolution?

Thanks a lot and best regards.

Wagner Arnaut

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jul 13 '11, 7:19 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Just a quick clarification. The converter supports running on Windows, Linux and zLinux. We have discovered an issue that prevents the converter.war from being installed on 64-bit zLinux that will be fixed in the next maintenance release.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.