It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work-items show in reverse order of their work-item numbers

Debdoot Mukherjee (512118) | asked Jul 04 '11, 3:47 a.m.
Hello,

Is it possible to list work-items in a plan in the order of their work-item numbers (same as the order in which they were created because work-item numbers increment with time) ?

I always find the work-items to be shown in a plan in the reverse order of their ids (or creation times). I tried choosing "Creation Date" as the sorting option in the plan but it did not work. Can someone point out what I may be missing or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Debdoot

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Jul 04 '11, 4:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

Is it possible to list work-items in a plan in the order of their work-item numbers (same as the order in which they were created because work-item numbers increment with time) ?

I always find the work-items to be shown in a plan in the reverse order of their ids (or creation times). I tried choosing "Creation Date" as the sorting option in the plan but it did not work. Can someone point out what I may be missing or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Debdoot

In RTC 3.x in the Web UI you can add the ID to the columns presented and use the column to change the sort order.

permanent link
Debdoot Mukherjee (512118) | answered Jul 04 '11, 4:27 a.m.
Hello,

Thanks,
Debdoot

In RTC 3.x in the Web UI you can add the ID to the columns presented and use the column to change the sort order.

Thanks Ralph for the quick reply.
Can you please confirm whether any work-around is available for the Web UI of RTC 2.0.0.2?

Regards,
Debdoot

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Jul 04 '11, 5:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

Thanks,
Debdoot

Thanks Ralph for the quick reply.
Can you please confirm whether any work-around is available for the Web UI of RTC 2.0.0.2?

Regards,
Debdoot

Hi Debdoot,

I am not aware of a work around for RTC2.x. That does not mean there is none. I checked several places to no avail, including adding a sorting by ID to the process configuration but at least the UI does not provide that. Maybe someone else knows.

permanent link
Debdoot Mukherjee (512118) | answered Jul 04 '11, 5:48 a.m.
Thanks Ralph.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.