It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to tell RTC to store the version ID in a file when loading it?

Yam Au (111) | asked Jul 22 '15, 9:10 a.m.
converted to question Sep 27 '15, 3:16 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
We want to use the 'exposed' variable / keyword / tag from RTC that the IIB (IBM integration bus) can use for versioning its artifacts such as the message flow, the ESQL files, the java file etc, The below are some example showing how IIB can work with those keyword / variables:

Many version control systems, such as CVS, use keyword systems that allow information to be expanded when files are checked out

Example:

Concurrent Version System (CVS) or Revision Control System (RCS):

$Revision: $ expands to $Revision: 1.3 $

Source Code Control System (SCCS):

%I% expands to 1.3

Use these tags inside $MQSI..MQSI$ eye catchers to conveniently embed source code repository information:

$MQSI Version = %I% MQSI$

$MQSI Revision = $Revision: $ MQSI$

So we are wondering what is the corresponding keyword/variables that RTC is exposed to be used by IIB.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 22 '15, 9:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry, but I can't help with that.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 27 '15, 3:21 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You would need to write your own script to perform this expansion ... there is no support in RTC to do this automatically when you load a file in the sandbox.   This functionality is requested in Support cvs-style keywords (43191)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.