It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 2 - how to recover forgotten ADMIN or user password ?

Mike Hockings (1111) | asked Jul 02 '11, 5:36 p.m.
I may be hosed on this but if there is a way that I can recover my code that would be great. The story is this:

I have RTC 2 Express-C server installed on Linux Centos 5 (5.4 I think it was, now upgraded to 5.6). It has be running (and still is as far as I can tell) fine.

The client was Eclipse's J2EE bundle with the C (CDT) and RTC tooling added on. This as well was working fine until the disk on my workstation decided not to work. More or less why I was using RTC to have backups of the code. Unfortunately I had the client remember the password so I have not had to type it in for ages. It isn't what I thought it was, I have not recorded it or the admin password.

So I am hoping that someone can tell me how to recover either the password for ADMIN or my user password.

Thanks, Mike

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robert Carter (42928789) | answered Jul 03 '11, 10:55 a.m.
If you are using Tomat as your application server then take at these IBM Technotes:

How to re-enable ADMIN default access to Jazz Team Server
https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21314276

or

How to reset the password in tomcat-users.xml
https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21393867

I may be hosed on this but if there is a way that I can recover my code that would be great. The story is this:

I have RTC 2 Express-C server installed on Linux Centos 5 (5.4 I think it was, now upgraded to 5.6). It has be running (and still is as far as I can tell) fine.

The client was Eclipse's J2EE bundle with the C (CDT) and RTC tooling added on. This as well was working fine until the disk on my workstation decided not to work. More or less why I was using RTC to have backups of the code. Unfortunately I had the client remember the password so I have not had to type it in for ages. It isn't what I thought it was, I have not recorded it or the admin password.

So I am hoping that someone can tell me how to recover either the password for ADMIN or my user password.

Thanks, Mike
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Leonardo Benevides (266628) | answered Jun 26 '18, 8:01 p.m.
I just made it in a local server using Libert profile as webserver.

To re-enable the default ADMIN access:

1. Stop the Jazz Team Server
2. Go to <server_install_dir>\server\conf\jts directory
3. Edit the file: teamserver.properties
4. Change the property: com.ibm.team.repository.ws.allow.admin.access=false
    to:   com.ibm.team.repository.ws.allow.admin.access=true
5. Save the change

Under <server_install_dir>\server\liberty\servers\clm\conf directory, look for a file named basicUserRegistry.xml, and edit the file, then insert the ADMIN user on JazzAdmins group and save.

<group name="JazzAdmins">
        <member name="ADMIN"/>

Start the CLM server and login using your ADMIN acount. (ADMIN/ADMIN)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.