It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Version missmatch using RTC3.0 ifix1 libs on RTC3.0.1 server

Michael Payne (56175) | asked Aug 31 '11, 1:59 p.m.
Hi I'm getting a version missmatch exception while trying to do a search for streams.

I am using RTC 3.0 ifix 1 client libraries and when I attempt to do the search on a RTC 3.0.1 I get the following exception from findWorkspaces:

com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException:

CRJAZ1241I There is a version mismatch for the "com.ibm.team.scm" service. The server version is "0.39" while the client version is "0.37". Both client and server version must match. Check the overall version of the client using Help->About and ensure it is compatible with server version "3.0.1" and build id "RJF-I20110602-0017".
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.validateServiceCall(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:220)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:87)
at $Proxy58.findWorkspaces(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.internal.ScmServiceInterfaceProxy$2.run(ScmServiceInterfaceProxy.java:168)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$3.run(TeamRepository.java:1260)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.CancelableCaller.call(CancelableCaller.java:79)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.callCancelableService(TeamRepository.java:1253)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.internal.ScmClientLibraryContext.callCancelableService(ScmClientLibraryContext.java:70)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.internal.ScmServiceInterfaceProxy.invokeCancelableService(ScmServiceInterfaceProxy.java:164)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.internal.ScmServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(ScmServiceInterfaceProxy.java:92)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.internal.WorkspaceManager.findWorkspaces(WorkspaceManager.java:1805)

Here's a code snippet of what I'm calling:

IWorkspaceManager wm = (IWorkspaceManager)rtcRepo.getClientLibrary(IWorkspaceManager.class);

IWorkspaceSearchCriteria wsSearchCriteria = WorkspaceSearchCriteria.FACTORY.newInstance();
wsSearchCriteria.setKind(IWorkspaceSearchCriteria.STREAMS);
wsSearchCriteria.setPartialOwnerNameIgnoreCase(projectArea.getName());
List <IWorkspaceHandle> workspaceHandles = wm.findWorkspaces(wsSearchCriteria, Integer.MAX_VALUE, new SysoutProgressMonitor());

I thought I would be able to run the RTC 3.0 ifix1 client with RTC 3.0.1 servers. Do I have to use the RTC 3.0.1 client libraries with RTC 3.0.1 servers, RTC 3.0 client libraries with RTC 3.0 servers, etc..?

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 01 '11, 11:38 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You are supposed to be able to use an RTC-3.0 client against an
RTC-3.0.1 server. Please file a work item on jazz.net and/or contact
support.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 8/31/2011 7:08 PM, mpayne2 wrote:
Hi I'm getting a version missmatch exception while trying to do a
search for streams.

I am using RTC 3.0 ifix 1 client libraries and when I attempt to do
the search on a RTC 3.0.1 I get the following exception from
findWorkspaces:

CRJAZ1241I There is a version mismatch for the
"com.ibm.team.scm" service. The server version is
"0.39" while the client version is "0.37". Both
client and server version must match. Check the overall version of
the client using Help->About and ensure it is compatible with
server version "3.0.1" and build id
"RJF-I20110602-0017".
at
com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.validateServiceCall(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:220)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:87)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.internal.ScmServiceInterfaceProxy$2.run(ScmServiceInterfaceProxy.java:168)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$3.run(TeamRepository.java:1260)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.CancelableCaller.call(CancelableCaller.java:79)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.callCancelableService(TeamRepository.java:1253)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.internal.ScmClientLibraryContext.callCancelableService(ScmClientLibraryContext.java:70)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.internal.ScmServiceInterfaceProxy.invokeCancelableService(ScmServiceInterfaceProxy.java:164)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.internal.ScmServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(ScmServiceInterfaceProxy.java:92)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.internal.WorkspaceManager.findWorkspaces(WorkspaceManager.java:1805)

IWorkspaceManager wm =
(IWorkspaceManager)rtcRepo.getClientLibrary(IWorkspaceManager.class);
IWorkspaceSearchCriteria wsSearchCriteria =
WorkspaceSearchCriteria.FACTORY.newInstance();
List<IWorkspaceHandle> workspaceHandles =
wm.findWorkspaces(wsSearchCriteria, Integer.MAX_VALUE, new
SysoutProgressMonitor());

I thought I would be able to run the RTC 3.0 ifix1 client with RTC
3.0.1 servers. Do I have to use the RTC 3.0.1 client libraries with
RTC 3.0.1 servers, RTC 3.0 client libraries with RTC 3.0 servers,
etc..?

permanent link
Emmanuel Barajas (6) | answered Dec 27 '11, 9:37 p.m.
You are supposed to be able to use an RTC-3.0 client against an
RTC-3.0.1 server. Please file a work item on jazz.net and/or contact
support.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 8/31/2011 7:08 PM, mpayne2 wrote:
Hi I'm getting a version missmatch exception while trying to do a
search for streams.

I am using RTC 3.0 ifix 1 client libraries and when I attempt to do
the search on a RTC 3.0.1 I get the following exception from
findWorkspaces:

CRJAZ1241I There is a version mismatch for the
"com.ibm.team.scm" service. The server version is
"0.39" while the client version is "0.37". Both
client and server version must match. Check the overall version of
the client using Help->About and ensure it is compatible with
server version "3.0.1" and build id
"RJF-I20110602-0017".
at
com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.validateServiceCall(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:220)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:87)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.internal.ScmServiceInterfaceProxy$2.run(ScmServiceInterfaceProxy.java:168)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$3.run(TeamRepository.java:1260)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.CancelableCaller.call(CancelableCaller.java:79)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.callCancelableService(TeamRepository.java:1253)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.internal.ScmClientLibraryContext.callCancelableService(ScmClientLibraryContext.java:70)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.internal.ScmServiceInterfaceProxy.invokeCancelableService(ScmServiceInterfaceProxy.java:164)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.internal.ScmServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(ScmServiceInterfaceProxy.java:92)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.internal.WorkspaceManager.findWorkspaces(WorkspaceManager.java:1805)

IWorkspaceManager wm =

(IWorkspaceManager)rtcRepo.getClientLibrary(IWorkspaceManager.class);
IWorkspaceSearchCriteria wsSearchCriteria =
WorkspaceSearchCriteria.FACTORY.newInstance();
List<IWorkspaceHandle> workspaceHandles =
wm.findWorkspaces(wsSearchCriteria, Integer.MAX_VALUE, new
SysoutProgressMonitor());

I thought I would be able to run the RTC 3.0 ifix1 client with RTC
3.0.1 servers. Do I have to use the RTC 3.0.1 client libraries with
RTC 3.0.1 servers, RTC 3.0 client libraries with RTC 3.0 servers,
etc..?

Did you get the code working ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.