It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Moving a report template between projects

K M (38325251) | asked Jun 21 '11, 3:45 p.m.
is there a way to move a report template fro one project to another

7 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 22 '11, 3:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,

you should be able to deploy the report template against other Projects using the Eclipse client.

permanent link
K M (38325251) | answered Jun 23 '11, 1:30 p.m.
I go into the gui, connect to a project, look at all the report templates,
click on deploy, choose the project I want to deploy to, see a list of report templates, the project template I want to deploy is not in the list

what am I missing???? :(

help

permanent link
K M (38325251) | answered Jun 24 '11, 9:16 a.m.

Hi,

you should be able to deploy the report template against other Projects using the Eclipse client.

I go into the gui, connect to a project, look at all the report templates,
click on deploy, choose the project I want to deploy to, see a list of report templates, the project template I want to deploy is not in the list but it is in the list of report templates for the project

what am I missing???? :(

help

permanent link
K M (38325251) | answered Jun 29 '11, 2:00 p.m.
I can deploy some templates but not all why?????

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Jul 05 '11, 9:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I will make a guess here and assume you are talking about the "Deploy missing reports" feature. This feature will only deploy the missing report templates that are not already deployed to the project or any of its child team areas. Only the reports we ship part of RTC are listed. If someone designs their own report template and deploy it to a project area, the other project areas will not see it. You will have to manually deploy the report template to the other project areas.

permanent link
K M (38325251) | answered Jul 06 '11, 1:37 p.m.
Still need help

You say

If someone designs their own report template and deploy it to a project area, the other project areas will not see it. You will have to manually deploy the report template to the other project areas.

How do you do this? flat report file I do not have that

Can I export the template to a a flat repot file?

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Jul 06 '11, 2:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No you cannot export the report templates to a flat file. You will need the original BIRT report design file. Allowing export of a report design file from a report template sounds like a very good candidate for a new feature. Please file an enhancement.

In RTC, usually, when we design report templates, in addition to deploying them to the server, we also keep the files under source control. So in your enterprise, you should basically agree on a particular SCM stream where everyone would deliver their precious report designs. that way these things can be stored safely and be shared by other teams.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.