It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC entitlement for CQ users

Saurabh Malhotra (15231617) | asked Jul 23 '10, 12:32 p.m.
Hi Everyone,

I need some more details around the RTC licenses that are provided with CQ 7.1 and on.

A customer owns 100 CQ licenses. They install RTC and they get the RTC activation JARS that come with CQ and apply them to their RTC server. Using the instructions provided here - http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21404282

1) How many of the Change Management - Advanced users should they see?
2) If their CQ licenses are Floating does this mean the CM licenses will also be floating?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 24 '10, 12:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Question 1: With RTC licenses, you get an "activation key", which allows
you to type in the number of licenses that you are entitled to (you are
legally required by the terms and conditions to type in the right
number). So you will see a blank box, where you would type in the
number "100").

Question 2: You are actually provided with two activation keys, one for
floating licenses and one for authorized user licenses. You would use
the one that applies to your case (i.e.if you have floating CQ licenses,
use the floating RTC license activation key, and if you authorized user
CQ licenses, activate the AU RTC license key).

Cheers,
Geoff

On 7/23/2010 12:37 PM, saurabhm wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I need some more details around the RTC licenses that are provided
with CQ 7.1 and on.

A customer owns 100 CQ licenses. They install RTC and they get the
RTC activation JARS that come with CQ and apply them to their RTC
server. Using the instructions provided here -
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21404282

1) How many of the Change Management - Advanced users should they see?

2) If their CQ licenses are Floating does this mean the CM licenses
will also be floating?
Saurabh Malhotra selected this answer as the correct answer

4 other answers

permanent link
David Dulling (13731212) | answered Jul 26 '10, 8:00 a.m.
Hi

I've read the RTC Entitlement for ClearQuest users with great interest as we are currently evaluating RTC on a trial licence and are also ClearCase and ClearQuest users.

What I don't quite understand is what "Change Management Advanced User Client Access Licenses" mean. I'm familiar with Contributor and Developer RTC licences mean but not these.

Can anyone tell me

1. What exactly these Change Management Advanced User Client Access Licenses will enable me to do i.e. are these just CQ connector licences it enables?
2. If I installed this as of now, will it prevent me from further testing other features in RTC under the trial?

Thanks in advance

David

permanent link
Saurabh Malhotra (15231617) | answered Jul 26 '10, 8:26 a.m.
Hi David,

1) From the following document: ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/common/ssi/sa/st/n/raq14000usen/RAQ14000USEN.PDF
"The Change Management Advanced User CALs as part of this entitlement currently provide the same functional capabilities as a Team Concert Contributor CAL. However, they have different license terms. These entitled CALs can be used with either the entitled server or any other separately licensed Team Concert Standard or Enterprise server. Team Contributor CALs can not be used with this entitled server."

2) You will be able to test all the web based features of RTC with these licenses. However, this entitlement does not give you developer licenses. Therefore, you will need to get Developer licenses (temp keys or otherwise) to continue to test the functionality only available to developers via the eclipse client.

Hope that answers your questions.

Regards,
Saurabh

Hi

I've read the RTC Entitlement for ClearQuest users with great interest as we are currently evaluating RTC on a trial licence and are also ClearCase and ClearQuest users.

What I don't quite understand is what "Change Management Advanced User Client Access Licenses" mean. I'm familiar with Contributor and Developer RTC licences mean but not these.

Can anyone tell me

1. What exactly these Change Management Advanced User Client Access Licenses will enable me to do i.e. are these just CQ connector licences it enables?
2. If I installed this as of now, will it prevent me from further testing other features in RTC under the trial?

Thanks in advance

David

permanent link
David Dulling (13731212) | answered Jul 26 '10, 8:45 a.m.
Thanks, Saurabh

Appreciate the very prompt response

permanent link
Saurabh Malhotra (15231617) | answered Aug 13 '14, 3:00 p.m.
Does this same information still apply to the latest versions of CQ and RTC?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.