It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build definition Component Load Rules?

Stephen Mc Nena (111) | asked Jun 16 '11, 12:21 p.m.
Hi,

I am trying to setup a build definition that will only fetch specific folders from a component.
For example, at the moment, my build loads all the folders that exist in my component.
I see there is a setting in the build definition "Component Load Rules" that lets you select a file for load rules. I am thinking I can use this to specify what folders to load.

So if my component has 3 folders
folderA
folderB
folderC

And I want my build to only fetch folderA, what is the format of the file for the component load rules?

thanks
smcnena

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Jun 16 '11, 12:25 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I am trying to setup a build definition that will only fetch specific folders from a component.
For example, at the moment, my build loads all the folders that exist in my component.
I see there is a setting in the build definition "Component Load Rules" that lets you select a file for load rules. I am thinking I can use this to specify what folders to load.

folderA
folderB
folderC

And I want my build to only fetch folderA, what is the format of the file for the component load rules?

thanks
smcnena

Hi,

there is a help section about component load rules that, I believe, talks about this. You can find it searching the online help for "component load rules".

permanent link
Stephen Mc Nena (111) | answered Jun 16 '11, 1:00 p.m.
Hi,

folderA
folderB
folderC

thanks
smcnena

Hi,

there is a help section about component load rules that, I believe, talks about this. You can find it searching the online help for "component load rules".

Great, thanks!

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Jun 16 '11, 1:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

folderA
folderB
folderC

thanks
smcnena

Hi,

Great, thanks!

If you want to check out the docs, here is the direct link for the component load rules.

Brent Ulbricht
RTC Build Lead

permanent link
Stephen Mc Nena (111) | answered Jun 17 '11, 12:01 p.m.
Hi,

folderA
folderB
folderC

thanks
smcnena

Hi,

Great, thanks!

If you want to check out the docs, here is the direct link for the component load rules.

Brent Ulbricht
RTC Build Lead

Great thanks!
Got it working following the doc above.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.